Home

Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

No lead is safe in the NFL anymore. 24-3 Cards earliar now 27-27. That has been going on all season.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I guess a 21 point lead isn't enough for Arizona.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 10-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm angry that the debacle y'all call a first half happened, but atleast we got the W.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Great team victory. Flacco showed something today.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
Pro

mockme's Arena

OVR: 6

Terrible. No other word to describe the current Arizona team. I feel really sorry for Fitz. We gave him a lot of money and got him the QB he wanted, and now he has to go through this. He deserves to play for a winner.

It all starts with Whisenhunt. We need to get rid of him. As much as I appreciate the things he did in his first three seasons, he's just refusing to adjust to the post-Warner era. Kevin Kolb is not a bad quarterback, but he isn't Kurt. Kurt could do things that not many others can, and he was practically a coach on the field. And also, the refusal to sign an offensive coordinator since Haley left. Haley, like Warner, was a huge part of that Super Bowl-run, and back then it was only when Whiz gave Haley the play-calling duties that we actually started to win games. Now he's back to calling them himself, and it isn't working out. The O-line is terrible, Kolb's running for his life all the time. I'm amazed that Beanie's having the year he's having with that line in front of him. Just get rid of Levi Brown already.

Horton actually seems like a decent defensive coordinator. It's the first time in years I've seen Cardinal corners playing tight, instead of starting the play 10 yards away from the receiver. However, he has terrible personnel to go with it. Daryl Washington looks like he'll be a good one at inside linebacker, and Peterson will learn, but the stubborn starting of Joey Porter and Clark Haggans has me scratching my head from time to time. They aren't getting anything done. Get them out of there. We're not winning any games like this, so might as well give the younger, seemingly more capable players some time out there.

There are so many things to say that are going wrong with this team, that I'll just stop here. They just don't adjust! To ANYTHING! And that's bad coaching. We played a good first half - might have been the best part of the whole season for us, and that's counting future games - and then realized that we were actually doing good and returned to our usual form.

It's so painful to root for these guys! The exact opposite of what I got to say about the baseball Cardinals in St. Louis. These desert guys could learn a thing or two about resiliency from them.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

I thought Tyler Wilson took a beating yesterday, geez Kevin Kolb is lucky to be alive after this game.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Great team victory. Flacco showed something today.
yeah...hes able to overcome those strong Arizona Cardinals..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
yeah...hes able to overcome those strong Arizona Cardinals..........
He showed that he could come back when his team was down. Any given Sunday is the saying, maybe you've heard of it. Ask Drew Brees about it. Being a fan of an NFC West team you should know that the Cardinals, while a terrible team, can put together a strong quarter or two of solid football once in a while. It shoulda, coulda, woulda been their day today but Joe and Co. had other ideas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »