Home

Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
This is Joe's m.o. Up down
up down. Just look at his qb rating chart. So much volatility.

I'll take it though...all the way to Heinz Field.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 8: Arizona Cardinals (1-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
yeah...hes able to overcome those strong Arizona Cardinals..........
thanks for your valuable input.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
I was @ BW2s with my son watching the Cardinals run roughshod over the Ravens, and left at halftime....damn....what happened?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I was @ BW2s with my son watching the Cardinals run roughshod over the Ravens, and left at halftime....damn....what happened?
Whisenhunt and the Cardinals offense is what happened. It's been broken ever since Warner, Boldin and Breaston left, and it wasn't great back then due to the horrid O-line. The Defense and ST laid it all out, but the extreme inefficiency of Kolb and receivers with the likes of Early Doucet and Andre Robert(shouldn't even be in football uniform in most leagues)delivered crap as usual. The defense got burnt in the second half, but it's hard to stay motivated when your offense is clueless about things like blocking, pocket presence, reading defenses, getting open, catching and first downs.

Hat's off to Flacco and the Ravens, they earned that game.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
You were jinxing us... thanks for leaving and setting things right!

Seriously though, the Cards got some seriously lucky breaks, paired with continued bad play calling and Flacco clearly playing like absolute garbage. They came out in the 2nd half and actually adjusted the game plan, calling formations that Flacco is more comfortable in and plays that got the ball out much quicker. Not to mention, give Boldin the damn ball if they want to play single coverage on him and blitz like the Jags did. I really hope Cam (and Flacco) didn't just "give that a shot" because Boldin was playing his old team. Play designs can be fancy but this isn't rocket science. Heavy blitzing? Look for the TE over the middle or your all star WR on the outside in single coverage... not deep throws every time, get the damn ball out.

There was even a point in that stretch where they put Joe back under center and called some play on 1st down that took a while to develop (like everything last week) and of course, they got nothing... another pass play on 2nd down and nothing, 3rd and long and then a punt. That crap isn't working and makes it easier for teams to load up to stop Rice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You were jinxing us... thanks for leaving and setting things right!

Seriously though, the Cards got some seriously lucky breaks, paired with continued bad play calling and Flacco clearly playing like absolute garbage. They came out in the 2nd half and actually adjusted the game plan, calling formations that Flacco is more comfortable in and plays that got the ball out much quicker. Not to mention, give Boldin the damn ball if they want to play single coverage on him and blitz like the Jags did. I really hope Cam (and Flacco) didn't just "give that a shot" because Boldin was playing his old team. Play designs can be fancy but this isn't rocket science. Heavy blitzing? Look for the TE over the middle or your all star WR on the outside in single coverage... not deep throws every time, get the damn ball out.

There was even a point in that stretch where they put Joe back under center and called some play on 1st down that took a while to develop (like everything last week) and of course, they got nothing... another pass play on 2nd down and nothing, 3rd and long and then a punt. That crap isn't working and makes it easier for teams to load up to stop Rice.
Yeah, they hit Pitta and Dickson 6 times apiece, and Flacco made some great deep throws to Bolden and the one to Torrey Smith to set up the game winning FG.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Anquan Boldin happened.

What was with the guy's pants though? I think he had a harder time fighting to keep them on than he did going up against the Cards' DBs.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Anquan Boldin happened.

What was with the guy's pants though? I think he had a harder time fighting to keep them on than he did going up against the Cards' DBs.
Wasn't able to see the game-followed most of it on the NFL tracker including video highlights-didn't know that was a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »