Home

Grade your team's performance thus far

This is a discussion on Grade your team's performance thus far within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Grade your team's performance thus far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
C+

We have played the toughest schedule in the NFL. The offense has been improving these past few weeks, under the pleasantly surprising play of Tavaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch running like he did at Cal. The offensive line and defense have improved. We're one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and have big wins over NY Giants and Baltimore.

However, we're still sitting at 3-6 with inexplicable loss to Cleveland and I honestly think we should have beaten Atlanta and should be 5-4 at this point.

Possible homer alert, but...

A.

This was a team that many thought would be in the hunt for Andrew Luck and that #1 overall pick. Instead, the Seahawks were one of the hottest teams down the stretch and Marshawn Lynch emerged as one of the best backs in the NFL (hopefully that's not due to the contract year) behind a makeshift offensive line that was destroyed by injuries.

Tarvaris Jackson is NOT our QB of the Future, but he earned another year due to some solid play. Bottom line, we don't have a better option for next year, especially if we draft a QB, and the guy showed some true grit after playing through a torn pectoral muscle this year.

The defense, particularly the secondary, proved to be a pleasant surprise. Best safety combo in the league? Possibly, with Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Our linebackers were pretty good and our defensive line, while not spectacular, was solid.

So yeah, A. I think when you exceed expectations like Seattle did, you deserve a good grade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #66
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Texans get an A-

The defense was utterly fantastic. Massive turnaround due to Wade Phillips, re-emergence of Brian Cushing, Jonathan Joseph, Danieal Manning, Connor Barwin and the rookie draft class headed by Watt and Brooks Reed. Can't say enough. Turned them from a historically awful offense to one of the league's best. And that's without Mario Williams who could possibly be the best player on that D and Daryl Sharpton, backup to the still-recovering DeMeco Ryans. Weakest link right now is Kareem Jackson. A+

Not even fair to grade the offense. Schaub/Leinart/Foster/Tate/Ward/Andre/Casey/Brisiel/Hartmann have all missed significant time. Tough to move the ball without Andre causing the opposing Ds to stack boxes against the rushing attack but overall on the season we weren't too bad. OL had been fantastic but Caldwell replacing Mike Brisiel has been pretty disastrous. I'll give it a B all things considered.

Coaching has been unbelievable given all the turmoil the team has been through and given the closing out of games that would have been problematic in years past. Can't remember too many blatantly bad Kubiak decisions, so I hope he keeps that up in the playoffs.

As for the playoffs? Who knows. I'm confident in Yates only if Andre is healthy. Andre's mere presence in the game opens the field for the rest of the offense which is critical. As long as we can take care of the ball and dominate T.O.P, we'll be fine.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
5-11 expectations to 8-1.
Packers are Super Bowl champs,they're supposed to be good.
Besides when is A+ only for undefeated teams? Patriots and Dolphins the only ones that get A+ regular seasons in history? '85 Bears don't deserve A+?
85 Bears easily get an A+. Even my 68 Colts get an A.

2011 Ravens B+...........I hope the grade improves.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #68
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Cowboys - C - BARELY

Offense - C+/B- - Must be more consistent, OL needs to be improved. A healthy Murray/Jones combo SHOULD be productive.

Defense - D+ - Couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs, horrible penalties, shotty tackling. It was just abysmal. They showed tiny flashes, but that's it. It makes you wonder how this defense contained New England early in the season.

Special Teams - B - We were consistent. Much better than last year, and prior years. McBriar is a top notch punter and Bailey proved to be a solid, dependable kicker. Our return game was ok, and we didn't give up much on returns.

Coaching - C - I'm torn. It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it wasn't what it should be. If I broke this down by offense and defense, Rob would receive a low F and Garrett would receive a low C+.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #69

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Dolphins: A

The Dolphins knocked the Jets out of the playoffs and caused an uproar in NY. Also fired Tony Sparano, that's all I need after the 0-7 start.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #70
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

7-9 and 6-10 both 3rd in the division and not in the playoffs get A's? I hope you guys aren't teachers.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #71
Pro

The Big Squeezy's Arena

OVR: 9

Browns: D

Offense: F-. Worst offense in the league. I don't care what anyone says, after watching them for 16 games I can honestly say the only people on offense worth keeping are Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Greg Little. We were so horrible this year. If we don't do everything in our power to draft Justin Blackmon and a quarterback in the first round I just might explode.

Defense: B. Joe Haden will be in the conversation of best cornerback in the league before long. Incredible talent and it'd be even more obvious if he didn't have Sheldon "Toast" Brown playing across from him. Rubin/Taylor/Sheard along the defensive line will be a force for years to come I have a feeling. We need someone to replace Mike Adams to play with TJ Ward next season, I've been an advocate of moving Sheldon Brown to FS beside Ward and finding someone to play the corner opposite of Haden. D'Qwell Jackson was the tackling machine he was before his injuries which helped immensely. The defense improved by leaps and bounds. Hats off to Dick Jauron.
Buckeyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Ken Dilger, weapon.
Someone needs to set this thread on fire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #72
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Kansas City Chiefs -

Offense F , just horrible, yes we lost Jamaal Charles and Tony Moeaki but even so the offense just could not do a thing this season. It was embarrassing.

Defense - A- The Chiefs defense improved greatly during the season and finished up as one of the best in the league in my opinion. Finally they are able to get some decent pressure on the QB with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. The way the man handled the Packers was the highlight of the season for me.

Front office - A I give them an A because they finally woke up a realized that Todd Haley is a terrible coach, however they waited way to long to fire him. Now if they can only see the light and bench Cassel and keep him as a back up where he belongs and go after either a great Rookie QB of a seasoned top veteran. Orton should be shown the door also if he hasn't already.

If the Chiefs make some good decisions in the off season they can be one of the top teams in the league next year. A good QB , one more top WR and sure up the offensive line and it's on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »