Home

Week 12: Green Bay Packers (10-0) @ Detroit Lions (7-3)

This is a discussion on Week 12: Green Bay Packers (10-0) @ Detroit Lions (7-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #273
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 12: Green Bay Packers (10-0) @ Detroit Lions (7-3)

Regarding Suh. He has completely destroyed his reputation coming out of college, which was one of a hard-playing, dominant player who was quite soft-spoken. I remember when SportsCenter invited him on to show off his soccer skills in a fluff segment and it's was all laughs and good nature. We've all seen his dirty play on the field in the NFL since he came out. He plays hard, but doesn't seem to know/care how to control his actions. It speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, some of his off field actions are also starting to pop up.

Before the Thanksgiving game, I was talking with my family. One of them is a member of the school board where I grew up. The school system was selected as a winner of the NFL's Play 60 campaign where members of the state's NFL team visits the school to talk to kids. Previously, Suh was one of the players that represented the Lions at these events. At one of these events, Suh was signing autographs for kids. At one point with kids still in line, Suh set his pen down and didn't say anything. His agent explained that he had reached his quota and wouldn't be signing any more autographs. I don't know if it was a request from our school board or a move by the Lions, but the school system got Luther Ellis instead. A guy that isn't even in the league anymore. Ellis didn't have to fly from his home to the barren UP to be the face of the franchise, but he did anyway. And he gave everyone involved the time of day that they deserved.

I love Suh as a player and I'd love to have him on the Bears in the middle of the D-line. But the guy has a long way to go in learning how privileged he is to be an NFL player - both on and off the field.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 11-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #274
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

LOL @ reaching his quota.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #275
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
All this talk of not deserving the playoffs is absurd.
The penalties, Stafford poor decision making, Suh..

Im starting to think Schwartz attitude is having a negative effect. I'm not sure why, just seems that way.

Quote:
I love Suh as a player and I'd love to have him on the Bears in the middle of the D-line. But the guy has a long way to go in learning how privileged he is to be an NFL player - both on and off the field.
And if nothing changes, he'll end up being the next fat Albert. Sit his *** down, make an example of him. Even push Fairly to compete with him for all I care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #276
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

You know, I don't think the Packers were given enough credit for Stafford's "bad decision making" in this game. Re-watching all of the interceptions, I really don't see the problem with bad decisions. The closest one was probably the Woodson pick, but that really was just a hell of a play by Woodson, and a lack of awareness regarding Woodson by Pettigrew. The only reason I say that one could be a bad decision was that Morris was open across the middle if Stafford had have waited a half second more.

The first pick was a tipped ball by a lineman on a pass that Clay wouldn't have gotten to in time to intercept without that.

The Francois pick was just a hell of a play again on a ball that could have been throw a little bit higher. That was actually the best read Stafford could make on that play. Pettigrew had a few steps on Matthews with no one else to help.

In the Bears game, there was 22 mph wind, which I'm not actually blaming fully, but it did have an effect. The first pick six was a bad throw on a good read. The second one was a horrid read. Neither QB really had success that day though. The only difference is that none of Cutler's 19 passes went for an INT, and 4 of Stafford's 63 attempts did.

This first pick in the Carlina game was a bad read as well. The second one was a throw he's already made to Calvin Johnson earlier in the year. It just happened to be a little underthrown.

The Packers INTs imo, were pretty much all the hard work of the Packers.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #277
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Of course, after a game will be subjective opinions one way or the other. To me, maybe Stafford didn't see Francois, but I don't see how he didn't. Francois was playing underneath and as you said he needed to get that ball higher. I don't think he anticipated Francois to make a play on it. Good play, bad read, my opinion.

I can't link the article because you need to be a Packers Insider, but here is the first of 5 things to watch for in the Packers vs Lions game.

1. QB Mathew Stafford is in his 3rd season, but this will be just his second appearance vs GB. He missed a game in 2009 with a knee injury and then both games last season with a shoulder injury. In Stafford's lone outing, had had a passer rating of 30.5 at Ford Field in the Lions 34-12 defeat after being intercepted 4 times, twice by Charles Woodson. "He's big, he's got a strong arm and he can make all the throws, an executive in personnel for a Lions opponent said. 'He's very talented. Decent athlete. He still gets fooled some on certain looks and teams that kind of change it up. He'll force it into coverage. He'll trust his arm too much at times. He'll lock on at times. That get's him into trouble. Once of his bigger strengths is also one of his bigger weaknesses. He's still learning all the nuances of defenses and what teams are trying to do to him. I don't think they make it real hard in terms of what he's reading. He reads half the field. Obviously, he has the arm and the weapons.

So, there you have it. An honest unbiased assessment of Stafford capabilities at this stage of the game from the personnel department of one of the Lion's opponents this year.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #278
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
The Packers INTs imo, were pretty much all the hard work of the Packers.
Thats how alot of them have been all year. They work to get their turnovers. Which is why I hate when ppl say "oh they get lucky with all those interceptions". If you watch Woodson, there is no luck, he reads the QB and goes after the ball like a WR. Same with that Francois play.

They isn't like when Jonny Knox slipped and the defender caught the ball in his absence.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #279
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Suh suspended 2 games

Quote:
“@AdamSchefter: NFL announced Lions DT Ndamukong Suh was suspended two games without pay -- a loss of $164,000.”
Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #280
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

As expected.

Is he able to appeal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »