Home

If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?

This is a discussion on If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?
Yes 66 83.54%
No 13 16.46%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #17
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: If the Colts and Packers played 100 times, could the Colts win once?

Yes. Anything can happen in the NFL especially if given 100 tries.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #18
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

You know what the funny thing is?

If the Packers lose in the playoffs, I already expect people to bump this thread with and pop in with the "Well, looks like they're not so great now, are they? LOL!!!" comments LOL.

For the record, I don't think we're some super unbeatable team either because somebody is going to beat us whether it comes this year or next. And I don't think we're the 07 Patriots either(why that's being brought up I don't know but whatever).

But I guess I'll be the "arrogant, ignorant fan" then if I don't think a Colts team(who I didn't really think was that good even WITH Peyton, especially on Defense)can beat us. And with that said, que the "Man I can't wait til the Packers lose their first game so Pack can look so ridiculous with that comment, blah, blah, blah..." comments.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

This question is insulting to me not only being a fan of the Colts but a fan of the NFL. OF COURSE the Colts would win a game. To think otherwise is incredibly blind homerism and/or pure ignorance.

Quote:
And for people that think "Oh well if you take out Rodgers, the Colts could beat them", don't forget we went into NE last year with our backup QB and only(ONLY)lost by 4 pts and this was before knowing we controlled our playoff destiny last year.
It was 1 game. Didn't the Colts only lose by 3 to the Steelers? And that was with a backup QB who is far worse than Matt Flynn.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

1. If my comments get to you like that, then you have bigger issues. Don't get pissed at me because I'm not in the "Any Given Sunday" camp or because I said something you don't like. Has nothing to do with me being a homer because I criticize this team even when they win so spare me the homerism crap.

2. Yes they did. I only say that because I know there are people that believe that if Rodgers goes down that we're dead in the water, when that's not true at all because unlike the Colts, we don't build our ENTIRE team around one player.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You know what the funny thing is?

If the Packers lose in the playoffs, I already expect people to bump this thread with and pop in with the "Well, looks like they're not so great now, are they? LOL!!!" comments LOL.

For the record, I don't think we're some super unbeatable team either because somebody is going to beat us whether it comes this year or next. And I don't think we're the 07 Patriots either(why that's being brought up I don't know but whatever).

But I guess I'll be the "arrogant, ignorant fan" then if I don't think a Colts team(who I didn't really think was that good even WITH Peyton, especially on Defense)can beat us. And with that said, que the "Man I can't wait til the Packers lose their first game so Pack can look so ridiculous with that comment, blah, blah, blah..." comments.
I don't think people are saying the Packers aren't that good (at least I'm not) rather it's that the Colts aren't as bad as you're making it seem, and any team in the NFL can beat any other team given the right circumstances. The Colts do still have some talent on offense (Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark, Tamme) and the GB secondary has shown it's not invincible. Granted not having Manning makes that talent lesser, as their record shows, but 1 out of 100 isn't that much for an NFL to beat another NFL team.

I know they're a different team this year, but last year GB managed to lose to a Redskins team that finished 6-10 and a Dolphins team that ended up 7-9. Yeah I know, 6-10 and 7-9 > 0-13. But I don't think that 100 times out of 100 everything would fall into place for the Packers to win.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
The Colts do still have some talent on offense (Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark, Tamme)
I wouldn't put Tamme in there but the others are decent, especially Wayne.

Quote:
and the GB secondary has shown it's not invincible.
We ALL know the Secondary stinks, I don't think I need to explain that any further. Lord knows I criticized them more than anybody on here

But we also do know that they been among the tops in the league in getting Interceptions for the last 3-4 years now. That can't be denied or simply deemed "fluke" or "being in the right place".

Quote:
I know they're a different team this year, but last year GB managed to lose to a Redskins team that finished 6-10 and a Dolphins team that ended up 7-9.
That they did and I remember after that Dolphins game, I almost gave up on them that season, but that had moreso to do with the injuries piling up week after week.

I'm not saying the scores would be 100-0 or anything that ridiculous, but if I had to matchup that Colts' Defense with our Offense right now, other than the "Any Given Sunday" line, why should anybody have confidence in them slowing us down? Serious question.

Now if you we're to ask me any other team not named the Colts, then it wouldn't be 100 out of 100, depending on who it is, with some of the teams it'd be a straight 50/50 split.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
1. If my comments get to you like that, then you have bigger issues. Don't get pissed at me because I'm not in the "Any Given Sunday" camp or because I said something you don't like. Has nothing to do with me being a homer because I criticize this team even when they win so spare me the homerism crap.

2. Yes they did. I only say that because I know there are people that believe that if Rodgers goes down that we're dead in the water, when that's not true at all because unlike the Colts, we don't build our ENTIRE team around one player.
Your comments didn't get to me and I'm not pissed at anyone. But the question is absurd. I don't care what teams we're talking about, to even ask if an NFL team could beat another NFL team 100 times out of 100 is ridiculous. This is a league where 21 games is the longest winning streak in history.

This isn't College.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

The Packers will be the Colts 98 times out of 100.

Ya'll happy now or is that still not enough?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »