Home

Week 15 ThNF: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) at Atlanta Falcons (8-5)

This is a discussion on Week 15 ThNF: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) at Atlanta Falcons (8-5) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #73
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Week 15 ThNF: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) at Atlanta Falcons (8-5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
As far as Gabbert goes I honestly thought Chase Daniel was better at Mizzou - I really didn't get the hype
College success does not a good NFL quarterback make.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #74
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Don't you dare tell the Saints fans Chase Daniel isn't great!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #75
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Tell me why otherwise my only possible response to you is no....I'm not wrong lol

Sent from Jesus EVO
Yeah huh you are wrong, yeah huh! Sorry, I'll be a bit less of a douchebag and tell you why I disagree.

First of all Jimmy Clausen's college career didn't annihalate (sp?) anyones career. He had OK stats, won like 2 games a year, and a lot of people knew he was an ******* coming out of college and wouldn't make it. I know it's only his second year in the league, but he's pretty terrible. He also was not in the same situation as Gabbert is now, Carolina wasn't the deepest team on offense but the Jaguars receiving corps is downright awful. He also had Hall and Stewart to work with, but I think they struggled with injuries? My memory is a bit weird on that, and I don't feel like looking it up so I'll just say he had to have either of them at least for most of the season.

Gabbert is a first round draft pick, whether he pans out or not. Everybody fell in love with him coming into the draft and there wasn't a chance in hell of him falling out of the first round, in fact me and lot of other people were surprised to see Jake Locker go ahead of him. The other side of that is that everyone also knew he was probably the least ready to come in and start right away, which is what makes the David Garrard thing so strange although the GIGGAS broke it down and I understand that a bit better. Still though, no better options than Luke McCown?

I'll say again that the Clausen comparison is pretty bad. To label a rookie QB out of a spread offense as a bum after 15 weeks is just shortsighted. Clausen also managed 3 TD's in his illustrious career, Gabbert has 11 right now and his receivers are just turrible. Not that stats mean everything, just a big discrepancy that he's tripled Mr. Clausen's production.

I just think you're labelling Gabbert as a bust far too quickly, give him some time and some talent around him taller than 5'6'' and then we'll figure out what he can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 05:43 AM   #76
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
The things a youngs that help a young Qb out is a security blanket ( good te) a good hb an a good defense. Gabbert has all of that. Clausen had none of that. Williams an Stewart were hurt all last year an could never get it going especially Williams. Carolinas WRs were just as bad last year as Jacksonvilles is this year. I don't care if he came out of the spread. Newton came out of one an looks amazing. Tebow came out of one an last year played pretty good. That Carolina team was worse last year then this Jags team. Gabbert still hasn't shown any reason why he's better then Clausen. If we go by TD numbers then Tebow really is a god an he has nothing at WR too. Gabbert an Clausen play exactly the same. Go watch film of both of them in the NFL you can easily see it.

Sent from Jesus EVO
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #77
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Don't you dare tell the Saints fans Chase Daniel isn't great!
He's the best field goal/extra point holder in Saints history. He also gives one hell of a high five to Drew after touchdown passes.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #78
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6
I truly believe if Brees went down with an injury, Daniels would be able to step in and play much better than Clausen or Gabbert (granted his team is also much better).

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #79
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Oh I'm aware -My point is just that I saw nothing in Blaine Gabbert
Old 12-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Dunta Robinson just called all the Jag receivers "jokes".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »