Home

League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy

This is a discussion on League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy

If the Colts get Luck the Jets should look into trading for Peyton. That team would be an instant Super Bowl favorite with him. And they have the pieces the Colts have been missing for years.

Not that I want to see that happen. But if the Colts windup with the #1 pick and draft Luck I think it's inevitable Peyton will be traded at some point. It's too soon to be looking for Peyton's replacement if he's healthy, especially a #1 overall guy. But that's beyond the topic.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Trading Peyton would be a travesty.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #11
Rookie

TomBo24's Arena

OVR: 1

Sanchez is nothing but a crutch to the Jets. 3rd year in the league and he is still only completing around 55% of his passes. That's just bad quarterbacking. If the Jets had a decent starting QB then atleast 1 of Rex's many Superbowl predictions would have came true by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Can't believe it took them this long to figure it out.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 12-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

People jump the gun on these guys so quick it's ridiculous.

Sanchez has looked really bad, and he's looked really good at times too. I mean, I guess you can upgrade, but you could also downgrade or stay the same too.

Everyone expects every QB to be Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Brees, and when they aren't, they're looking for the next guy. There's only about those 4 guys who are going to look good 13 or 14 games a year. The other QB's, they get about 9, 10, 11 good games, and their teams typically win accordingly.

I say yeah, take a look, send out some feelers. But to completely abandon Sanchez? Seems foolish to me. Suddenly all the scouting of he can make all the throws, he has that moxie, blah blah blah all the other scouting BS they throw around at draft time has gone away? It's a results league but still. You need time. Really, Sanchez should just be starting to get it now after his 3rd year. No one wants to put that work in or have to go through those bumps, especially a team seemingly as loaded as the Jets. But your chances of having Sanchez develop are probably better then picking some raw QB out of the draft, especially if you're not picking Top 5 or Top 10, which the Jets won't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #14
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Maybe it has to do with the other QBs in his class. Freeman had a great year last year and Stafford has had a monster year this year. Sanchez completion percentage is terrible. It's not like he has no weapons like Bradford either. He's got Holmes, Keller, Burress and a pretty decent run game. On top of that, he has a good defense behind him. It just looks like he won't ever be worth the top 5 pick.

As far as the getting better each year, it's not a significant increase. Yes, they are increases across the board, but you probably aren't winning a Superbowl with a 56% completion percentage in this day and age. Usually around the 3rd year a QB will begin to show what his future potential will be, and unless he has a massive breakout, he's nothing more than mediocre.

So, do you go after a QB in the draft? Probably not, but bringing in an Orton or a Campbell to light a fire under his arse is probably a good idea.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
I dont think sanchez is a bad qb, hes just not who the jets need him to be right now. For that team to be as good as Rex Ryan thinks they are they need an elite qb that can make up for some of the mistakes the make ala Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers...etc . Its kind of a ****ty situation for sanchez because the NY fans and media are gonna eat him alive if hes not winning. Bottom line is the Jets are really inconsistant as a whole. They have a bunch of talent but they just havent come together yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
People jump the gun on these guys so quick it's ridiculous.

Sanchez has looked really bad, and he's looked really good at times too. I mean, I guess you can upgrade, but you could also downgrade or stay the same too.

Everyone expects every QB to be Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Brees, and when they aren't, they're looking for the next guy. There's only about those 4 guys who are going to look good 13 or 14 games a year. The other QB's, they get about 9, 10, 11 good games, and their teams typically win accordingly.

I say yeah, take a look, send out some feelers. But to completely abandon Sanchez? Seems foolish to me. Suddenly all the scouting of he can make all the throws, he has that moxie, blah blah blah all the other scouting BS they throw around at draft time has gone away? It's a results league but still. You need time. Really, Sanchez should just be starting to get it now after his 3rd year. No one wants to put that work in or have to go through those bumps, especially a team seemingly as loaded as the Jets. But your chances of having Sanchez develop are probably better then picking some raw QB out of the draft, especially if you're not picking Top 5 or Top 10, which the Jets won't be.
When you pick a QB top 5, there's a certain level of expectation attached to it, and Sanchez in his individual performance hasn't lived up to it yet. Agree that they shouldn't throw him overboard, but it's not outrageous to think they may look in another direction as a backup plan if Sanchez' play remains mediocre next year.

And look at how other young QB's have performed this year - Flacco and Ryan are both clearly better than Sanchez (though they both have their ups and downs), granted they have a year over Sanchez. I doubt that Sanchez will improve significantly next year, if his performance years 1-3 are any indication. Stafford's having a breakout year. Dalton's a rookie and has done as well this season as Sanchez has in any of his 3 seasons, and was a 2nd round pick to boot. This is a league now where it's easier than ever for a QB to come in and have success.

It may take time, but if you're in year 3 as a starter and significant progress hasn't been seen, it's usually because you are what you are. Sanchez is just a 15-25 rank QB at best, and it's understandable why NY would expect more than that from a top 5 pick after 3 years.

PSN: dsavbeast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »