Home

League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy

This is a discussion on League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy

Quote:
A league source told ProFootballTalk.com on Sunday that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez, whom the team drafted with its first-round pick in 2009, might not be their guy.
I could see this coming sooner or later. I've never liked him as a QB, only as a person, some of you may know I've slammed Sanchez numorous times on here.

Saturdays performance was horrible. Not throwing the ball away before the sack in the end zone, and then throwing the costly INT at the end. Not the first time his done it, nor will it be his last.

Sanchez needs to prove himself once and for all, right now.

EDIT:

Link here if you want to have a read.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Last edited by RJTurneR; 12-25-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Provide link to story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: League Source: Jets Unsure If Sanchez Their Guy

For a top 5 pick, Sanchez has underperformed. He really hasn't drastically improved as a passer, and that's considering the league being set up for QBs to succeed now more than ever. I still say he gets one more year, but wouldn't be surprised if the Jets look for a QB in the draft or go out to look for a better QB to put pressure on him.

Just off the top of my head, Jason Campbell would be a guy who could come in and succeed given their personnel on offense, and is still relatively young. Campbell probably wouldn't be the 'franchise QB' in NY, but could start for a few years until they find the franchise QB if Sanchez isn't it and would likely be an upgrade over Sanchez given their career numbers.

PSN: dsavbeast

Last edited by rangerrick012; 12-25-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

It must suck playing in NY.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
For a top 5 pick, Sanchez has underperformed. He really hasn't drastically improved as a passer, and that's considering the league being set up for QBs to succeed now more than ever. I still say he gets one more year, but wouldn't be surprised if the Jets look for a QB in the draft or go out to look for a better QB to put pressure on him.

Just off the top of my head, Jason Campbell would be a guy who could come in and succeed given their personnel on offense, and is still relatively young.
How could Jason Cambell be the answer if Sanchez is not the answer?

Sanchez has gotten statistically better every season. It would be foolish to move on so quickly. Hes a 3 year pro quarterback that started from the get go. He has no significant weapons on offense what so ever. Holmes is a joke and a half.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Idk his stats may have improved but when I see him play I see no improvements really in fact I see regression at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
How could Jason Cambell be the answer if Sanchez is not the answer?
Campbell has a better completion percentage, better TD-INT ratio, and better QB rating for his career than Sanchez. Granted he's got 3 years more experience as a starter. Orton or Cassel could also be available depending on who KC decides to stick with. Alex Smith could be available if SF lets him go. I'm not saying they should definitely replace Sanchez, but they could be brought in to put pressure on him to perform and would certainly be an upgrade over Brunell.

Quote:
Sanchez has gotten statistically better every season. It would be foolish to move on so quickly. Hes a 3 year pro quarterback that started from the get go. He has no significant weapons on offense what so ever. Holmes is a joke and a half.
He's had one of the best running games in the league, a serviceable tight end in Keller...sure he could have better receivers, but not every QB's going to have great receivers to work with. He's got decent enough receivers and has had decent enough receivers. He still hasn't performed up to the expectation of a top 5 pick. Do I think he should be cut? No. But it's not unimaginable that the team could be frustrated by his relative lack of progress all things considered.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

All I can say is this is his 3rd year in the league and he is getting better. I dont see any reason to abandon ship so soon.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

This is how this league is. They want to see immediate performance and progression. I nevered like Sanchez as a QB(wanted him to stay another year at USC). But, I think he should get at least 1 year before they draft/sign a QB. This year and next year will both have good qb classes. I see Sanchez as of right now as nothing more than a Game Manager.
Just like if anyone would want Rex to be on hot seat. He has been to AFC championship twice. It would be one thing if they had a losing season.

Last edited by illwill10; 12-25-2011 at 09:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »