Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2021, 12:00 AM   #35001
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Y’all think Urban Meyer is going to bounce back to College and take the ND job after this season?
I expect him to go back to college, but I don't know that it will be for the ND job. Granted I don't follow CFB nearly as close as I use to though. Think he could take the OU job?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2021, 02:35 AM   #35002

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

He should just stay in Jacksonville and see how things shake out with Trevor Lawrence and another few years of shaping that roster. And if it doesn't work out it's not like it hurts his college coaching cred later on if he wants to go back to that stress.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:04 AM   #35003
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Cowboys will be without DT Trysten Hill for the next two games after this hit after the loss to the Raiders.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465441670728585221

"NFL Vice President of Football Operations Jon Runyan issued the suspension for a violation of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14(c) which prohibits striking, swinging at, or clubbing the head, neck, or face of an opponent with the wrist(s), arm(s), elbow(s), or hand(s), as well as Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 which prohibits any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship.

"In a letter to Hill, Runyan wrote: 'After the Las Vegas Raiders-Dallas Cowboys game on November 25, you engaged in conduct that this office considers unnecessary roughness and displays a lack of sportsmanship. Specifically, as both teams were shaking hands, you waited more than 50 seconds for your opponent at the 50-yard line. When you located him, you then walked toward him in the opposite direction of your locker room. You both engaged in a verbal chest-to-chest confrontation which you escalated by throwing an open hand punch to his facemask, forcible enough to cause your opponent's helmet to come off.'

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-dt-...ame-vs-raiders
Old 11-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #35004
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I expect him to go back to college, but I don't know that it will be for the ND job. Granted I don't follow CFB nearly as close as I use to though. Think he could take the OU job?
I don't know that ND is even a better job than the UF or OSU jobs he already gave up, tbh.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #35005
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Some flex scheduling updates:

Week 14 matchup between the 49ers-Bengals has been moved from 1pm to 4:25pm but will remain on CBS, which already has a late afternoon matchup between the Bucs and Bills at the same time.

Saints-Jets will stay at 1pm but will be moved from FOX to CBS

Week 15 matchup between the Packers-Ravens has been moved from 1pm to 4:25pm on FOX

In non schedule news, ProFootballTalk is reporting that former NFL Qb Robert Griffin III is going to be dropping a book titled “Surviving Washington” as an “explosive tell all about the shocking mismanagement and toxic culture within the most dysfunctional professional football team in America.

Says he’ll talk about the knee injury he suffered in his rookie year and the sexual harassment scandal that continues to affect the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #35006
MVP

mestevo's Arena

After missing the mandatory 10 days as an unvaccinated player, Amari Cooper may miss a 3rd game as he's yet to fully recover enough from COVID.
Cowboys WR Amari Cooper (COVID-19) is back in building but "still not feeling the best," coach Mike McCarthy said. Still has a cough. "To be determined" whether he'll practice today. "My gut would be if he doesn't practice tomorrow, I don't see him going to the game."
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/statu...17485093675012
Old 11-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #35007
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I don't know that ND is even a better job than the UF or OSU jobs he already gave up, tbh.
I found out today that at one point he said ND was his dream job.
The sources are saying he has zero interest in returning to college and doesn't miss the recruiting grind. I wouldn't blame him on that. Big time CFB recruiting would make me feel like a sleezy human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
In non schedule news, ProFootballTalk is reporting that former NFL Qb Robert Griffin III is going to be dropping a book titled “Surviving Washington” as an “explosive tell all about the shocking mismanagement and toxic culture within the most dysfunctional professional football team in America.

Says he’ll talk about the knee injury he suffered in his rookie year and the sexual harassment scandal that continues to affect the team.
Gotta get that post career income somehow
Old 11-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #35008
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Cowboys will be without DT Trysten Hill for the next two games after this hit after the loss to the Raiders.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465441670728585221

"NFL Vice President of Football Operations Jon Runyan issued the suspension for a violation of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14(c) which prohibits striking, swinging at, or clubbing the head, neck, or face of an opponent with the wrist(s), arm(s), elbow(s), or hand(s), as well as Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 which prohibits any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship.

"In a letter to Hill, Runyan wrote: 'After the Las Vegas Raiders-Dallas Cowboys game on November 25, you engaged in conduct that this office considers unnecessary roughness and displays a lack of sportsmanship. Specifically, as both teams were shaking hands, you waited more than 50 seconds for your opponent at the 50-yard line. When you located him, you then walked toward him in the opposite direction of your locker room. You both engaged in a verbal chest-to-chest confrontation which you escalated by throwing an open hand punch to his facemask, forcible enough to cause your opponent's helmet to come off.'

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-dt-...ame-vs-raiders
Reduced to 1 game on appeal today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »