Home

Who's your darkhorse team this year?

This is a discussion on Who's your darkhorse team this year? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #57
Rookie

papasmurf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Who's your darkhorse team this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafied0034
Not exactly a darkhorse for the playoffs, but if the Texans can stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
i picked the texans to beat the packers in the superbowl. man i love the chiefs but i cant buy in. they will struggle defensively on the line and miss carr terribly. thats my take on it. i think the bills might sneak in as a wildcard.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #58
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm going to be a homer and say Bills with a shot at taking the division. They have a relatively middle of the road schedule. I only have a few question marks on this team.

1) Fitzpatrick. He has all the weapons to work with. A solid TE in Chandler, a true number one receiver in Steve Johnson and a TE-like slot receiver in D. Nelson as well as two solid Runningbacks.

2) Corner Back. Aaron Williams has shown promise since being thrusted into the starting lineup due to injuries and Gilmore is a rookie which speaks for itself.

3) LT. I'm not convinced in Hairston.

I like the remainder of the offensive line so long as they can stay healthy. If Eric Wood goes down again however then they stand no chance. Levitre, Pears, and Urbik did well enough last year in helping Jackson and CJ produce big so I think they can do it again.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #59
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm going to be a homer and say Bills with a shot at taking the division. They have a relatively middle of the road schedule. I only have a few question marks on this team.

1) Fitzpatrick. He has all the weapons to work with. A solid TE in Chandler, a true number one receiver in Steve Johnson and a TE-like slot receiver in D. Nelson as well as two solid Runningbacks.

2) Corner Back. Aaron Williams has shown promise since being thrusted into the starting lineup due to injuries and Gilmore is a rookie which speaks for itself.

3) LT. I'm not convinced in Hairston.

I like the remainder of the offensive line so long as they can stay healthy. If Eric Wood goes down again however then they stand no chance. Levitre, Pears, and Urbik did well enough last year in helping Jackson and CJ produce big so I think they can do it again.
Eh, New England has far more weapons and it isn't even remotely close. And then you throw on the difference between Brady and Fitz...

The Patriots schedule isn't much harder either. The defense is obviously questionable, but so is Buffalo's. I just don't see any way Buffalo can take the division unless Brady gets hurt.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #60
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I don't think the Pats D is much of a concern this year.

Hasselback or Locker
Skelton or Kolb
Flacco
Fitzpatrick
Caleb Hanie or Brock Osweiler cause Manning will be on the sideline in a neckbrace by this time.
Russell Wilson or Matt Flynn
Tebow or Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Fitzpatrick again
Andrew Luck
Tebow
Do the Dolphins even have a QB? Oh right Tannehill. Could be playing WR at this point.
Matt Schuab
Alex Smith
Blaine Gabbert
Tannehill maybe.

See half the teams they face can't even be sure who their QB is. Those that are sure largely have rookies or second year starters. There's no reason they won't be 14-2 unless Brady gets hurt or somehow all of 3 Welker,Hernandez and Gronk go down.

Jags are a bit of a darkhorse I think but since they don't face them until the second last game they'll know what they're getting into.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #61
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I don't think the Pats D is much of a concern this year.

Hasselback or Locker
Skelton or Kolb
Flacco
Fitzpatrick
Caleb Hanie or Brock Osweiler cause Manning will be on the sideline in a neckbrace by this time.
Russell Wilson or Matt Flynn
Tebow or Sanchez
Sam Bradford
Fitzpatrick again
Andrew Luck
Tebow
Do the Dolphins even have a QB? Oh right Tannehill. Could be playing WR at this point.
Matt Schuab
Alex Smith
Blaine Gabbert
Tannehill maybe.

See half the teams they face can't even be sure who their QB is. Those that are sure largely have rookies or second year starters. There's no reason they won't be 14-2 unless Brady gets hurt or somehow all of 3 Welker,Hernandez and Gronk go down.

Jags are a bit of a darkhorse I think but since they don't face them until the second last game they'll know what they're getting into.
Do the other 10 guys that line up on offense matter? Pretty sure their biggest problem last year was stopping the run and there are a ton of good RBs on the QBs... er teams you listed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #62
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Other than the 49ers,Texans and Ravens not particularly,no.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #63
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Do the other 10 guys that line up on offense matter? Pretty sure their biggest problem last year was stopping the run and there are a ton of good RBs on the QBs... er teams you listed.
Was it? I just remember them not having anybody in the secondary that had thought about the concept of how to cover a wide receiver. I didn't even notice the weaknesses defending the run. Then again, I'm a Bucs fan, so I haven't seen run defense since about the time they won the Super Bowl...
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #64
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Ill go with the Bills or Seahawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »