Home

Week 8: Atlanta Falcons (6-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Atlanta Falcons (6-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Week 8: Atlanta Falcons (6-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
They are a good team, but not 6-0 elite type good as said they will always gets the right bounces, calls, etc. in the regular season as of late.
Come again?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Or they lose and everyone(including the Media)will say "Reid should've fired himself and kept Castillo".
I keep giving these Eagles a pass, but lets call it like it is: they're an average team with the potential to be good. But that's all it is. This team has lost more then they've won. That's an average to below average team. And it hasn't even been tough luck or bad breaks. They've LOST games, not had the other team really beat down on them until today.

Very impressed with ATL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Seen something on twitter that Michael Vick said Reid is considering a QB change. I really don't think he's the main problem. He finally has a game with no turnovers an they still lose. Changing QBs isn't going to make them better. They just seem out if synch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #36
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
He was feared in Oakland for a reason tho. QBs aren't going to just shy away from you every season for no reason. He was that good, he had elite years. He just fell off the map or maybe it's a confidence thing.

Watching him on first take I doubt it be a confidence thing. He just looks slow an weak. He was great at jamming Wr an ran step for step with them. Now he doesn't do any of it. He's not a scrub now, just nowhere to what he should have been.
As someone in Cali who consistently watches the Raiders, he was not "feared" in Oakland. he was just the lesser of 2 evils when it came to throwing at the Raider CBs.

So if you're a QB, and there is a one-star corner on one side and a two-star corner on the other side, of course you are going to throw at the one-star guy. Take the path of least resistance.

Again, if a school's debate team has to choose between the 2.0 student and the 2.5 student, it will take the 2.5 student. But when that Debate team goes up against a debate team of 3.5 and 4.0 students, the 2.5 student will get shredded.

It's real simple.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #37
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Yea he had trash playing next to him, but even when he was thrown at he still didn't allow anything. I remember the hype very well with him. Now people want to act like he was amazing in Oakland. He just fell off these past two years. I only remember Vincent Jackson getting the better of him maybe twice. No one else comes to mind.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Team is not very good but still capable of turning it around and sneaking into the playoffs. I hate the offensive line.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Team is not very good but still capable of turning it around and sneaking into the playoffs. I hate the offensive line.
You know, I thought the offensive line played better this week, especially with King Dunlap back.

I think most of the blame for this game goes to the defense for rarely getting pressure to the quarterback and allowing the Falcons offense to score on their first 6 drives with the first 3 drives involving touchdowns given up.

Speaking of pressure, what happened to Trent Cole and Jason Babin? They've have made almost no impact for the past month now. DRC was just struggling in coverage today. Kendricks is going through some growing pains. Nnamdi gave up a big play. This is something we just have to get used to seeing sometimes because although he's usually good at bumping, if he fails and is involved in single coverage, fast receivers like Julio Jones will burn him due to his declining speed, something that shouldn't be too shocking to expect since he is already entering his 10th season in the league.

The Eagles offense just looked so primitive. There was way too many screen passes and they didn't seem to take advantage of adding more diversity to the passing game until the 4th quarter, when they started running some inside routes.

I think this is it for Andy Reid. This was his first loss after a bye week and probably when the regular season ends, it will also mark the first time Reid has missed the playoffs in back to back seasons.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
I think the writing is on the wall too PPL. End of an era, usher in a new coach/staff/philosophy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »