Home

Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

Just let out a string of curse words, I've just realised the game has started an hour earlier than usual, meaning I'm gonna have to miss the start because the Chelsea v Man Utd game hasn't finished yet. :
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

Terrible play by the St. Louis back line until the play reached the box, playing bend but don't break unfortunately venturing into the danger zone. 2-1 New England United, 15 minutes gone

@AdamdotH
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Old 10-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Very good first half for New England. Maybe the best they've played since week 4 against Buffalo. Defense must keep their foot on the pedal in the 2nd half. Want to see this team play a full 60 minutes of football.

Won't lie. Rams opening drive had me wanting to go outside and smash every pumpkin in the neighborhood.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Rookie

h4mbon3s's Arena

OVR: 0

the rams were looking good until the givens touchdown. after that, tom brady and co. took over.

the only good thing about today was the cheap vodka at the bar.
Mizzou
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Well, what an awesome day.

Got to experience what tailgating is about.. Budwiser in one hand, food in the other. Pretty cool chatting to other fans about their teams, how they got interested, etc. Pretty cool seeing Marshall Faulk up close too.

The atmosphere in the stadium was brilliant, and holding up different coloured plastic bags to make the two flags was pretty cool. As usual, us english fans bought along some of our traditions (Mexican waves, soccer chants but modified for the teams).

First TD from the Rams was brilliant as we were sitting behind that end zone. Great pass from Bradford. No idea what happened to Jackson, Richardson seemed to get quite involved for most of the game. Patriots offense looked great, fun to watch.

Highlight of the day had to be when some of the fans near to us started chanting "Lets Go TEBOW!" in response to the Jets getting hammered. Then we all joined in.

Game looks much quicker in real life, field looks shorter too. First NFL game in the books, many more to come I hope!

Oh, and by the way.... There are waaaaaay too many Pat's fans in England. I saw maybe.. 10 Lions fan all day. Got to represent I guess.

I got a lot of photos so I may put them up somewhere if you guys are interested.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Well, what an awesome day.

Got to experience what tailgating is about.. Budwiser in one hand, food in the other. Pretty cool chatting to other fans about their teams, how they got interested, etc. Pretty cool seeing Marshall Faulk up close too.

The atmosphere in the stadium was brilliant, and holding up different coloured plastic bags to make the two flags was pretty cool. As usual, us english fans bought along some of our traditions (Mexican waves, soccer chants but modified for the teams).

First TD from the Rams was brilliant as we were sitting behind that end zone. Great pass from Bradford. No idea what happened to Jackson, Richardson seemed to get quite involved for most of the game. Patriots offense looked great, fun to watch.

Highlight of the day had to be when some of the fans near to us started chanting "Lets Go TEBOW!" in response to the Jets getting hammered. Then we all joined in.

Game looks much quicker in real life, field looks shorter too. First NFL game in the books, many more to come I hope!

Oh, and by the way.... There are waaaaaay too many Pat's fans in England. I saw maybe.. 10 Lions fan all day. Got to represent I guess.

I got a lot of photos so I may put them up somewhere if you guys are interested.
I'm glad you had a nice time, man. Please upload the pictures.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Great game for the Pats. I was worried after Bradford threw that 50-yard TD bomb in the first, but it was good to see the defense respond and shut them out after that drive. Jones running down and sacking Bradford was amazing as was Hightower getting after him earlier in the game. These two have really played well in their rookie season.

The offense was excellent and firing on all cylinders. With Mankins out the O-line really stepped up and did a great job all game, Brady was sharp, Ridley had a huge game, Gronk was Gronk and his TD celebrations were the best I've seen in awhile. This was definitely the best and most complete game the Pats have put together all season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »