Home

Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

This is a discussion on Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

Discuss...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

I have no idea what to make of this game (or any Pats game for that matter). It's a neutral site game and looking at the two teams I want to say the Pats win easily, but I thought the same thing going into week 2 vs ARI and last week vs NYJ. This Patriots team is completely unpredictable. They could crush the Rams on Sunday or they could lose after blowing a 4th quarter lead and neither would surprise me.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Week 8: Live From Wembley: New England Patriots (4-3) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

I'll be at this game, for my first time. Bringing along my step-dad so it's going to Football 101 for him. Tailgating should be pretty dam cool, plus Nike have transformed their whole store in London into an NFL shop just for the weekend... Nothing like confusing the hell out of people.

I'm picking the Pat's to win this. The Ram's will put up a fight, it's usually a very entertaining game when they play here.

Trying to decide what jersey to wear though. Despite being a Lions fan, I'm trying to have one jersey for each team. I've always been a bigger fan of the game itself more than my team.. Just a UK thing maybe.

If you guys are interested I'll put up a gallery somewhere of the pictures I take (Because there will be a lot).
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

It's gotten to the point, with the Pats, that I am considering picking up Sam Bradford to start as my fantasy QB.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
I'll be at this game, for my first time. Bringing along my step-dad so it's going to Football 101 for him. Tailgating should be pretty dam cool, plus Nike have transformed their whole store in London into an NFL shop just for the weekend... Nothing like confusing the hell out of people.

I'm picking the Pat's to win this. The Ram's will put up a fight, it's usually a very entertaining game when they play here.

Trying to decide what jersey to wear though. Despite being a Lions fan, I'm trying to have one jersey for each team. I've always been a bigger fan of the game itself more than my team.. Just a UK thing maybe.

If you guys are interested I'll put up a gallery somewhere of the pictures I take (Because there will be a lot).
RJ, what is the 'general temperature' of interest in the NFL over there? I know it's been climbing in recent years.

Also, how many games are broadcast in the UK each week; just a couple or many/most of the matchups?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
RJ, what is the 'general temperature' of interest in the NFL over there? I know it's been climbing in recent years.

Also, how many games are broadcast in the UK each week; just a couple or many/most of the matchups?
The interest levels, from my perspective, seem to be growing pretty rapidly. I still think there is a ways to go, but there is a strong fan base here, and it's starting to become more and more noticeable. Before you knew it was there, but it was almost underground.

Not many people know this outside of the UK, but we do have our own leagues consisting of seniors, juniors, youth, and universitys. Obviously they are a lot smaller, but there are a lot of teams, and it's the backbone of the interest level here. Check this link for a little more info on that though....

http://www.nfluk.com/about-us/grass-roots

The NFLUK site has been pretty useful, and has allowed the fan base here to be a little bit more indiviudal, compared to ESPN and NFL.com and the like.

As for coverage. There are 2 games shown on our sports subscription channel which also shows RedZone at the same time. These are usually the best 2 games of the week, one early game, one late. Then SNF is shown on another channel which is free, and this year I think either MNF or TNF is shown on another channel. There is also NFL GamePass which despite the premium price, is definatly worth the money, depending on the package ofcorse.

They also show the playoff's on the sports subscription channel, and the Super Bowl is alsos shown on that, as well as another free channel. On Thanksgiving, all games are shown, again on the sports subscription channel.

So.. the coverage can be lackluster (I have GamePass, so I'm not complaining) but maybe next year we will begin to see much more NFL coverage on TV.

The fans are very passionate too. You'd be amazed how many UK fans stay up to watch these games till like 4:30 in the morning when they have work the next day too.

Some people here are stubbon and just compare it to Rugby, which has some similarities but even those similarities are quite different. All in all, the NFL is definatly gaining a big fan base here, and the whole week leading up to this game you can definatly feel the buzz. Especially in/around London.

As for a franchise.. I'm still not too sure. It would be very cool, but very difficult. We'll see.....
Old 10-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR

How easy is it to buy tickets? I'm thinking about going next year when the Jags play there, the Jags will be offering travel packages, but I don't need air or hotel.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
How easy is it to buy tickets? I'm thinking about going next year when the Jags play there, the Jags will be offering travel packages, but I don't need air or hotel.
Was easy for me. As long as you get them early. I can't remember when they release tickets, but if you want I can keep you posted as to when they are released.

Or you could keep an eye NFLUK. We got pretty good seats this year. Right behind the uprights. Wembley is a great stadium, both from the outside and inside. The culture and surroundings are pretty different, and if you can deal with english accents (We're not that bad ) you will have a great time.

Maybe I could be the Official UK Representative of Operation Sports, hand out OS shirts at the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »