Home

Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6)

This is a discussion on Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6)

Annndd now our two corners are out for possibly 4 games. Great day
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #34
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

First off, good game, Miami fans. You guys stepped up and we didn't. You earned that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
What a ridiculous penalty, what else could Thomas do to avoid the QB once he left his feet?
Is what I'm saying. That was a bad call, but like they said, error on the side of QB safety. But MAN, it killed a potentially game-sealing pick in the end zone by Wagner. That was a hard one to take.

Still, despite that, we had a great march down the field till we crossed the 50, then it kinda went to crap and we went backwards. We had a chance to win and blew it. Then our defense couldn't stop their offense for the game winner. Both units blew it late in the fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Annndd now our two corners are out for possibly 4 games. Great day
Yeah....adderall? We'll see. They are appealing this week. But if they are gone for four, I think we win two more this season.

If nothing else, RW and Wagner were both great again yesterday. I expect nothing less than making the Super Bowl next season.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

No words to describe how awful that was. And now adding insult to injury, the Sherman/Browner suspensions? If those stick, then I don't see how the season isn't over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I expect nothing less than making the Super Bowl next season.
Wait, you're not the guy who guaranteed that the Mariners would win the World Series next year, are you?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 32

If the loss wasn't bad enough, the Sherman and Browner suspensions just stuck a gigantic fork in our season. If the appeals fail and it is a legitimate suspension, both should feel extremely ashamed for not only letting their teammates down, but the fans who support them endlessly as well. How can you get popped for something like this in the MIDDLE of a playoff run? Honestly, how can you be so incredibly stupid and selfish?

I am not trying to be self righteous here but if this is true, this pisses me off to no end and my respect level for both of these players just took a giant nose dive.

If they're out for four, we're lucky to finish 7-9. We can't win on the road, we're simply not ready and never prepared to play away from the friendly confines of our home field. It's truly pathetic how this team just shrinks on the road and chokes.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Wait, you're not the guy who guaranteed that the Mariners would win the World Series next year, are you?
He's not even close.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #39
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Yeah, this game went almost exactly like the Detroit game. At first, I was playing Chicken Little like the rest of the Hawks fans. But, after a while, I'm still optimistic. 10-6 is still possible, but I no longer have any faith in this team on the road.

As for the "performance-enhancing drug policy violation" from Browner and Sherman... if you do your research (read: google it), you'll find that Adderall is prescribed medication for patients with ADD/ADHD. In other words, it's a depressant, NOT a performance-enhancing drug. If they ever did take Adderall, they would be useless on the football field.

This story tells me three things:

1. The NFL's general drug policies are pretty damn arcane. I mean, if you can't treat a chronic condition...

2. Pro Football Talk (the site that first reported this story) is the National Enquirer of football analysis.

3. Whoever tried to come up with this story didn't do their research. I mean, come on... ADDERALL???

Either way, I call bull-****...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Yeah, this game went almost exactly like the Detroit game. At first, I was playing Chicken Little like the rest of the Hawks fans. But, after a while, I'm still optimistic. 10-6 is still possible, but I no longer have any faith in this team on the road.

As for the "performance-enhancing drug policy violation" from Browner and Sherman... if you do your research (read: google it), you'll find that Adderall is prescribed medication for patients with ADD/ADHD. In other words, it's a depressant, NOT a performance-enhancing drug. If they ever did take Adderall, they would be useless on the football field.

This story tells me three things:

1. The NFL's general drug policies are pretty damn arcane. I mean, if you can't treat a chronic condition...

2. Pro Football Talk (the site that first reported this story) is the National Enquirer of football analysis.

3. Whoever tried to come up with this story didn't do their research. I mean, come on... ADDERALL???

Either way, I call bull-****...
Joe Haden was suspended for four games for the exact same thing: Adderall.

Give me one good reason why Sherman and Browner shouldn't also be punished.

"They play for my favorite team" isn't a good reason, either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »