Home

Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6)

This is a discussion on Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #57
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 12: Seattle Seahawks (6-4) @ Miami Dolphins (4-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I'm not reaching, I'm just saying... it's not hard to get a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. It's the most over-diagnosed condition in America. So, if all you need is a prescription, then there's no point in banning it, seeing how damn easy it is to obtain it.
Adderall is a Schedule II drug according to the Controlled Substances Act - one step above drugs for which there is no "official" medical use (marijuana, LSD, heroin, etc.). Not banning it or not requiring a player to produce proper paperwork is turning a blind eye to a crime. It is also extremely habit-forming. The NFL isn't just going to lift this drug off the banned list because a bunch of players think it's a harmless thing they do. That opens them up big-time for liabilty in potential lawsuits. If the players obtain a prescprition under false pretenses or the doctor improperly signs off on paperwork given to the NFL, then that's on the doctor.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #58
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Just peeped the Seahawks schedule, even without those CBs, they could and maybe should get to 9, and that should be enough.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #59
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Just peeped the Seahawks schedule, even without those CBs, they could and maybe should get to 9, and that should be enough.
I could see wins over the Cardinals/Rams since they're at home. 49ers at home without those corners are gonna be really difficult, especially with a dynamic Kaepernick at QB. Then there's the Bears/Bills on the road, which I'm fully expecting to lose both now at this point. So I could see 8, but 9 is going to take work given what we've seen so far from this team.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #60
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I could see wins over the Cardinals/Rams since they're at home. 49ers at home without those corners are gonna be really difficult, especially with a dynamic Kaepernick at QB. Then there's the Bears/Bills on the road, which I'm fully expecting to lose both now at this point. So I could see 8, but 9 is going to take work given what we've seen so far from this team.
Barring an upset of either Chicago or SF, it will come down to the Bills game. Even at 8-8, you may sneak in. With Dallas losing last week, I think realistically 8-8 is best we can, especially with injuries, and you have the tie breaker over us. Tampa is an interesting team and that last game against Atl may be a gimme if Atl has 1st seed all locked up. Saints face murderer's row coming up and the Vikes are heading DOWNNN. Be wary of Washington if they win on MNF this week.

Should be an interesting end to this season. Cowboys have more chances to break my heart...
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I'm not reaching, I'm just saying... it's not hard to get a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. It's the most over-diagnosed condition in America. So, if all you need is a prescription, then there's no point in banning it, seeing how damn easy it is to obtain it.

As for the caffeine... I'm not saying that it is banned, or should be banned. But, it isn't unheard of for athletes to take caffeine tablets to boost performance. That may seem like splitting hairs in this instance, but it's not unheard of.

Regardless... this is gonna sting if the suspensions are upheld...
Which makes it even more idiotic. If they want to take an prescription drug, then they should just go to a doctor and get a prescription. Instead they chose the illegal route and you know the old saying - "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime".

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »