Home

Jovan Belcher Murder-Suicide

This is a discussion on Jovan Belcher Murder-Suicide within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #81
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Shooting at Arrowhead, Player shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
They should play. It's not like he died in a car accident or had a heart attack or some other tragedy. He killed himself. He's a piece of trash. Nothing to celebrate or postpone. The girlfriend being murdered is the tragedy here, and unfortunately, we don't postpone events for deaths of family members or significant others.
He shot himself in front of the head coach and the GM.

I'm not talking some moral "let the game go on" because this guy is a murderer.

You don't think those 2 are shook up to see a guy that they've seen everyday off himself right in front of them?

This isn't a movie where we are just so desensitized to killings that things become business as usual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #82
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

You don't think those 2 are shook up to see a guy that they've seen everyday off himself right in front of them?

This isn't a movie where we are just so desensitized to killings that things become business as usual.
Yes, this is what I was thinking. If you postpone, it isn't in honor of the guy...it's the people left behind that are dealing with the fallout. The head coach just witnessed this, the teammates, etc. You can't expect them to carry on like nothing happened.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #83
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

I feel sorry for the woman involved, child left alone, and every other person who is emotionally suffering for his acts.

While I don't think the game should be cancelled, I really thought they'd at least push it back until Monday. I'm sure there's alot of KC players trying to wrap their heads around everything and piece things together. Not saying an extra 24 hours would make it make sense, but I think it'd help them in the grieving process. Not to mention Crennel who apparently is coaching the team just 24 hours after witnessing it.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 42

Situations like this one, really eat at me. The brain can be a very scary organ and hard to understand.

I doubt that any of Jovan Belcher's teammates, coaches, and everyone else affiliated with the Chiefs, are quickly labeling him a coward and are eager to play a football game, tomorrow. [Even despite their record] This hits home, whether you are 1-10 or 10-1.

I wonder if the grandmother or someone close in the family will make a testimony, of some sort.

We all can become a coward if we fall victim to our own mind. I do not feel it is right to bash this man, so soon.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #85
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

I knew of the girl that was shot. She went to my high school when I was a freshman and sophomore. Very very sad.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #86
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Still don't think they should postpone anything. If Crennel and Pioli need time off, let them take it and somebody else can take control of the team until they're ready to come back.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Yeah, I wouldn't blame them for postponing....not in honor of him...but I think seeing someone ******* blow their brains out warrants a little bit of time to recover...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #88
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Still don't think they should postpone anything. If Crennel and Pioli need time off, let them take it and somebody else can take control of the team until they're ready to come back.
Because it doesn't affect any of the players because they didn't witness it, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »