Home

NFC Wild Card Weekend: Minnesota Vikings (6) @ Green Bay Packers (3)

This is a discussion on NFC Wild Card Weekend: Minnesota Vikings (6) @ Green Bay Packers (3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #89
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NFC Wild Card Weekend: Minnesota Vikings (6) @ Green Bay Packers (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I understand what you guys are saying. However, would you feel the same way next year if we go into Lambeau on Saturday and win? I'm not saying we're going to but it's just an "if" situation.

Where I'm at, I am friends with a lot of Packer fans. The rivalry did fade a little the last few years, but this last game really intensified things.

Another thing to say is that I love that this game is happening. I would rather be playing the Packers than say, if we were playing the Falcons or 49ers or any other team. I love division rivalries in the playoffs.
It might change things up, sure, but I'll ask the same question, if the Packers do win, if, does the rivalry intensify and change thing up for next year?

Those three guys I mentioned above had swagger. I hated everytime Culpepper came out and did his "roll with it." lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #90

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

I went to school for a year where there were a LOT of queens fans. The rivalry itself is pretty tepid nowadays (like stated before) that Culpepper and Moss are gone. Chicago will, rightfully so, be our main rivalry because the teams are intertwined so far back with Papa Bear saving football in Green Bay.

Minnesota and Detroit only ramp up when those teams are true threats for a period of time and aren't looking to go away any time soon. It hasn't happened recently so that's why the rivalry is so lukewarm for us in GB. I'm talking 5+ years of being a threat and a perennial playoff team for the rivalry to heat up.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #91
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It might change things up, sure, but I'll ask the same question, if the Packers do win, if, does the rivalry intensify and change thing up for next year?

Those three guys I mentioned above had swagger. I hated everytime Culpepper came out and did his "roll with it." lol.
I'm not sure it intensifies but I don't think it will go away or down for myself any. I have always been excited for Packers Vikings even when we were bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #92
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'm not sure it intensifies but I don't think it will go away or down for myself any. I have always been excited for Packers Vikings even when we were bad.
See, I'm different.

The Fran Tarkenton years were bad years for Packer fans. I just didn't care when you guys pounded us with Chuck Foreman, Bill Brown, Allen Page, Jim Marshal, and Sir Francis, and I didn't care until we had Favre because we were terrible before that. My thing is, the it intensified during the Moss/Culpepper years and it's died down until the Favre years and then, died down again.

It's all perspective and I respect everyone on both sides.

Last edited by roadman; 01-03-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #93
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Quote:
After we outplayed you in both games and beat you to make the playoffs and snap your NFC North streak? Yes, I would say the rivalry is pretty high right now.
The all time record between Vikings vs Packers is 54-49-1 in favor of the Packers. Playoff record 1-0 in favor of the Vikes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #94
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
To say it's not a rivalry is just incorrect...
Of course it's a rivalry in the sense that every team has a rivalry with the other teams in their division. They play twice a year, know each other well, records go out the window, etc. But to state it as if the rivalry is now charged back up is a bit premature imo. My guess was Packers fans still look at the Vikings as just the team in their way right now, and the Packers fans here seem to agree. Again, they have to consider how well the Vikings know them but being a huge game bc it's MIN/GB only comes from one side.

And btw, I'm a MD fan and the MD/Duke game is HUGE to me... one of the biggest reasons I hate that they're moving to the Big 10. But keeping it real, it's just not the same feel in Durham. I'm also a Ravens fan and like the Redskins... and know exactly how both sides feel when talking about the Steelers or Cowboys. Vikings/Packers is more MD/Duke.

Quote:
I understand what you guys are saying. However, would you feel the same way next year if we go into Lambeau on Saturday and win? I'm not saying we're going to but it's just an "if" situation.

Where I'm at, I am friends with a lot of Packer fans. The rivalry did fade a little the last few years, but this last game really intensified things.

Another thing to say is that I love that this game is happening. I would rather be playing the Packers than say, if we were playing the Falcons or 49ers or any other team. I love division rivalries in the playoffs.
That'd be a different story NEXT year. It's got to build up. Splitting 2 games in one season doesn't create that huge build up... especially with GB dominating recently before that also. If this weren't a playoff game, it'd just be a nice division match up. Skins/Boys, Ravens/Steelers, Pack/Bears, etc. are huge rivalry games no matter when they're played.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #95
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My guess was Packers fans still look at the Vikings as just the team in their way right now, and the Packers fans here seem to agree.
Let's hope the team is looking at it that way, too. Maybe then the Vikes will be 2-0 all time in the playoffs @ Lambeau

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #96

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Let's hope the team is looking at it that way, too. Maybe then the Vikes will be 2-0 all time in the playoffs @ Lambeau
The Vikings should be looking at it the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »