Home

Joe Flacco should be highest-paid NFL QB, agent says

This is a discussion on Joe Flacco should be highest-paid NFL QB, agent says within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #241
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Joe Flacco should be highest-paid NFL QB, agent says

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Aside: I don't give much credence to QBR because: A - it's proprietary, I can't see or know how it works, so I don't know what the number means; and B - it has yielded controversial outputs, such as this from Wikipedia:
I've always looked at it like OPS - a stat with no "units".

Of course, that's why I don't particularly like OPS either. I like stats that describe production in the units of what the player is producing (or stopping - like runs or outs in baseball).

And it being proprietary really does it in for me as well. I guess I'm come from a baseball mindset where so much is done on the stats side and open to the world and football seems so barren, and one of the few "complex" stats is in a black box? Blah.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #242
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
From the latest I'm not sure they will be able to keep Ellerbe either. These dudes have one good season then they want to price themselves too high. Reportedly he's looking for five year 30 mil. I don't think he deserves that.
I know I'm "anti-Ellerbee" but...$6 M a year?

Yeah, yeah, I know contracts aren't about what a player produces or deserves "it's how contracts work", right?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #243
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I know I'm "anti-Ellerbee" but...$6 M a year?

Yeah, yeah, I know contracts aren't about what a player produces or deserves "it's how contracts work", right?
Ellerbe has played great. He hasn't played 6 mil a year great though. I just cannot see them getting a deal done if he wants that much money. He stays injured way to often to warrant that type of money. There are some cheap stop gap FA's that can play the run really well. I don't see the need to pay Ellerbe all of that cash. I say get another FA and then draft two guys; one early and one mid round. We'll see how it plays out.

Also there was a report we were in contact with Mauluga's agent
Old 03-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #244
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Also there was a report we were in contact with Mauluga's agent
Does the sad face indicate you're not too crazy about Mauluga? The Bengals don't seem to be-they must be anticipating his asking price.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #245
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Does the sad face indicate you're not too crazy about Mauluga? The Bengals don't seem to be-they must be anticipating his asking price.
He was the worst LB in the league last year

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #246
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That sad face is my observation of Mauluga's play. Although he has been a 4-3 backer for the Bengals which might not be a good fit for him, he's been Exposed a great deal, especially in the passing game.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #247
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

This thread has clearly run its course as it's no longer about the topic at hand.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »