Home

Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

The team with the #1 pick in the last draft faces off against the team with the #2 pick. They both drafted offensive tackles so that's actually not that exciting of a story.

The Chiefs had 8 pro bowlers but were an overall failure of a team. With new QB Alex Smith and new coach Andy Reid things should be looking up because hey,when you have 8 pro bowlers and stink it is the coaches fault. Of course there's the very real possibility Alex will regress without Jim Harbaugh.

The Jags have that pretty good TE and MJD also they will be debuting the NFL's newest posistion with Denard Robinson playing as "OW" which stands for offensive weapon. He's expected to be a kick returner,HB,WR (both slot and main) and QB. But they're still one of the front runners for the Jadeveon Clowney/Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes.

I fully expect a 27-13 Chiefs blowout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Expecting the Chiefs to take this, but I am cautiously optimistic. They're 1-4 in Jacksonville with their last win coming in 2001.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The Chiefs 100-2

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
The team with the #1 pick in the last draft faces off against the team with the #2 pick. They both drafted offensive tackles so that's actually not that exciting of a story.

The Chiefs had 8 pro bowlers but were an overall failure of a team. With new QB Alex Smith and new coach Andy Reid things should be looking up because hey,when you have 8 pro bowlers and stink it is the coaches fault. Of course there's the very real possibility Alex will regress without Jim Harbaugh.

The Jags have that pretty good TE and MJD also they will be debuting the NFL's newest posistion with Denard Robinson playing as "OW" which stands for offensive weapon. He's expected to be a kick returner,HB,WR (both slot and main) and QB. But they're still one of the front runners for the Jadeveon Clowney/Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes.

I fully expect a 27-13 Chiefs blowout.
A large part of it is Romeo Crennel's fault. There was a game last year where Charles had 5 touches and when asked why, said "I don't know." What kind of coach can't explain that? A bad one. He didn't even have a half-baked excuse is his head. Simply pathetic. As long as JC gets 17 touches a week (that's not too much to ask, is it?), the Chiefs' offense will be league-average. And that ought to be enough in this game and that sorry division.
Andy Reid is a major upgrade. Considering his work with the Koy Detmers, AJ Feeleys, and Kevin Kolbs of the world in Philly, not to mention his world-class efforts at honing Mike Vick into a better QB, I bet Smith will be okay. He'll have a better RB and WR than he's ever had...but a worse offensive line. I'm putting my eggs in the Andy Reid/Jamaal Charles-won't-be-misused-again/Dwayne Bowe basket when it comes to KC's offense this year.

KC rolls, 31-10.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
. I'm putting my eggs in the Andy Reid/Jamaal Charles-won't-be-misused-again/Dwayne Bowe basket when it comes to KC's offense this year.
You are talking about Andy "I haven't met a pass play I didn't like" Reid, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You are talking about Andy "I haven't met a pass play I didn't like" Reid, right?
Yes. I know Philly isn't fond of him but he never fielded a truly awful offense.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Just cause he likes to pass doesnt mean Jamaal wont get touches. He will be 2nd on the team in receptions most likely. Still put up 1300+ yards.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, touches versus rushes is a different thing. No worries though. I sent Andy something to help him through his first season as the Chiefs coach.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »