Home

NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread

This is a discussion on NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NFL game threads
Keep it to individual game threads 64 83.12%
Weekly thread for all games 10 12.99%
Other 3 3.90%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Single game, PLEASE!!!

Seriously...when i first got into OS about 10 years ago, my fave forum was the MLB forum...lots of great discussion...

now, it sucks...

Everytime a thread is started on a topic, it gets moved to the "team thread" or the "hot stove thread" or whatever.

A big trade happens? Nope, can't discuss it in its own thread, it gets moved to a catch-all.

I don't even bother anymore.

I can't imagine what sunday would look like without single game threads...how could you ever hold any discussion at all?

Why should Broncos fans discussin their game against the Chiefs have to sift thru discussions about the Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc.
Totally agree. It's overboard here with the mega boards, part of the reason I don't participate as much I used to.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 12-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #50
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Single game, PLEASE!!!

Seriously...when i first got into OS about 10 years ago, my fave forum was the MLB forum...lots of great discussion...

now, it sucks...

Everytime a thread is started on a topic, it gets moved to the "team thread" or the "hot stove thread" or whatever.

A big trade happens? Nope, can't discuss it in its own thread, it gets moved to a catch-all.

I don't even bother anymore.

I can't imagine what sunday would look like without single game threads...how could you ever hold any discussion at all?

Why should Broncos fans discussin their game against the Chiefs have to sift thru discussions about the Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Totally agree. It's overboard here with the mega boards, part of the reason I don't participate as much I used to.
I made a thread over in the MLB section. Please discuss what you like, dislike and want to see changed for that area. Until I started this poll, I dont recall reading anyone having an issue with the organization so now that its out there, it'll be nice to have input from everyone on what to do in order to get veterans back into discussions.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Personally, I would prefer more single topics and less lumping into off topic (and I'm posting this here but I feel the same for all sports).

I love the off topic thread and I believe it serves a great purpose but I do think there are topics that very much deserve their own thread.

During the season we would have single game threads and then just a few threads discussing particular topics, I really don't think it would add too much clutter.

I would love to see some posters back who have disappeared from the forums over the last couple years.

For example, the discussion a few weeks ago about Manning (not to bring it up again) filled the Broncos Patriots thread (which is fine) but then spilled over into the off topic thread (unless i'm misremembering).

To me, it would be more organized to have a discussion like that in it's own thread rather than having the conversation take over several threads to the point where it avoids any other points of discussion.

Last edited by kehlis; 12-19-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »