Home

Week 3: Cowboys (1-1) @ Rams (1-1)

This is a discussion on Week 3: Cowboys (1-1) @ Rams (1-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #41
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 3: Cowboys (1-1) @ Rams (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Except when they don't, depending on the call(s) and when they happen. Most games hinge on 4-5 key plays that if they went differently the outcome could be different. Officials definitely can influence the outcomes of games even against good teams.
That's exactly right. Sometimes the calls are so egregious that they can't be overcome.

In this case, the Rams had 2 high pressure minutes at the end of the game they could've tied it or won it.

However, if not for the horrible officiating, they wouldn't have been in that high pressure situation in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #42
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

To be blunt:

The refs didn't throw a pick-six to Bruce Carter or a game-losing interception to Morris Claiborne.

The refs didn't leave Dez Bryant so horribly wide open that you or I could have gone out there and caught that 70-yard touchdown pass.

The refs didn't allow DeMarco Murray to run over, around, and through the Rams defense to the tune of 100 yards and a score (despite a potential long run being wiped out by an obvious leg whip).

The refs weren't the ones to allow a 16-yard scramble by Tony Romo on a pivotal 3rd and 13 which could have slammed the door on the Cowboys' second-half rally.

The refs weren't the ones to allow Tony Romo to play an essentially perfect game from the Janoris Jenkins pick-six onward.

The refs didn't lose this game for the Rams. The Rams lost this game for the Rams.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-22-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #43
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Wow. What can I say. I honestly didn't expect this game to turn out as a win.

After the Rams went up 14-0 I thought, well, this is going to come down to the wire if the Cowboys hope to pull this one out, but after the pick-6 I felt it was over. My wife - a proud Bostonian raised Pats fan - began asking me if I was going to go out and finish all the yard chores or if I wanted to go with her shopping. "Why waste the rest of your day watching this sad team get trashed?"

Oh, but then something happened. That thing the Cowboys have developed - football teams call them a "game plan" - showed up. Wait, you're not going to panic? Wait, you're going to continue to try to run the ball? Wait, you're not going to have Tony put it all on his shoulders and sling it 50+ times? What the hell is going on here?

The Cowboys won because they didn't panic and get away from the game plan while the Rams self-destructed. The Cowboys OL held up great, especially against the studs & depth in the Rams front-4; they're really starting to look phenomenal and finishing off blocks with a real nasty streak. Penalties were pretty bad in this game, but bad calls went just as equally. The striking the head of the QB was pretty terrible, but Brian Quick got away with a pretty obvious OPI against Mo Claiborne for the 51-yard TD. So in the end, it was all a wash.

I think Austin Davis might have a future. The guy played with passion and without fear, but he's still young and will make mistakes from pressure or lack of understanding the game. So long as the Rams keep developing him and not put him in a position to win games they could have a legit starter (or long-term backup) over time.

And of course, the greatest feeling was to tell my wife she could go shove it up her Patside when Mo sealed the game with that final INT.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 09-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #44
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1

Oh, but then something happened. That thing the Cowboys have developed - football teams call them a "game plan" - showed up. Wait, you're not going to panic? Wait, you're going to continue to try to run the ball? Wait, you're not going to have Tony put it all on his shoulders and sling it 50+ times? What the hell is going on here?

Imagine if Dallas had done this even half the time over the past 2-3 seasons...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »