Home

Week 5: Buffalo Bills (2-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Buffalo Bills (2-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #65
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Week 5: Buffalo Bills (2-2) @ Detroit Lions (3-1)

Bills defense played well, specifically up front where they were able to sack Stafford 6 times. That's also pretty much expected with how good their line is and how poor the blocking has been this year for Detroit.

But, Stafford was trash even when not pressured. The pick he threw was his fault and he had time in the pocket. He missed multiple open guys short throughout the game as well when not being pressured. George Winn and Golden Tate were about the only players with something going. Having Bell, Johnson, Riddick and Fauria hurt doesn't help. Neither does losing Bush in this game.

It was an efficient day for Orton and better than what Bills fans have been getting, but at the same time I would hope that any QB with 30 completions could manage 300 yards. If he makes more throws like his one to Goodwin though, Bills might have something on offense in the coming weeks. Sammy Watkins was easily the most impressive player on the Bills offense and will be something special. That last 20 yard reception was on him because Orton threw it behind him.

The kicker not being able to get to 66% in the NFL, let alone 33% is inexcusable for Detroit. Our kickers this year have been 4-12. It's disgusting.

Bills got the win, so their fans should be happy. But if I were you guys, I would probably lower my expectations just a little bit. Lions played poorly and still had a very good chance to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Please explain how you would've beaten Carolina.
Yeah, I don't see 5-0 either. Carolina would have still been a loss too because the offense couldn't get anything else done and we still would have needed them. Carolina only managed 3 points on those misses too so you can't even make the field position argument. At best we're still left with a 21-13 loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #66
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Please explain how you would've beaten Carolina.
This is off topic... But to explain, the missed field goals in that game absolutely impacted the outcome. Im not saying that 9 more points would have won the game, but that the missed field goals changed the flow and momentum of that game resulting in the Panthers win, whereas points on all those drives would have made it a completely different ballgame. The same thing happened today.

That's my belief, although Im a Lion diehard so you likely wont see it that way particularly if you didnt see the game. And its really just coulda, shoulda, woulda at this point and no longer matters.

I just want a competent kicker.

Last edited by CC; 10-05-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #67
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Apparently on the kick Carpenter missed Lions fans were shining laser pointers in his face.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 10-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #68
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Apparently on the kick Carpenter missed Lions fans were shining laser pointers in his face.

NFL films should be able to validate that complaint.

Kickers...in a dome...should be able to at least hit 2/3 from 45+, right? I mean there are only 32 in the world who get NFL spots. So the best 32 kickers in the world who train for nothing other than kicking a football for a living should be able to convert.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #69
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Bills got the win, so their fans should be happy. But if I were you guys, I would probably lower my expectations just a little bit. Lions played poorly and still had a very good chance to win.

That's the story of the NFL, though. There's a handful of teams you can count on week to week. And as you know, Detroit plays to their opponent's level.

Plus, Orton should get more comfortable in the offense. He may be a steady vet, but he's only been here for a month and some change. Didn't surprise me to see so many completions with a lot of throws going to RB Fred Jackson. He showed when he had to make some big throws he could. It helps to have Watkins .. kid is a stud. He definitely makes his QB better, not vice versa.

BUF/NE is going to be yet another test. To conquer that beast would be wonderful and take sole possession of 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #70
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins

I saw that report too. Dirty tactic if it's true and those fans should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently it was handled by the second half.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #71
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc

Plus, Orton should get more comfortable in the offense. He may be a steady vet, but he's only been here for a month and some change.
Don't forget this was literally the first time he stepped on the field in a Bills uniform. The man has never had playing time with this squad. I think he did a great job all things considered.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #72
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

When was the last time the Bills had a 300 yard passing gb on the road?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »