Home

Week 5: Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts

This is a discussion on Week 5: Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 5: Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Good game Ravens fans. This may not be the last time we meet up this year.
Thanks, very disappointing. I was impressed by the Colt's defense.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Thanks, very disappointing. I was impressed by the Colt's defense.
not trying to disrespect but I'm not. They gave the Ravens the exact coverage they wanted most of the day and Flacco either didn't have time, or the WR's were just not in it today. I'm looking at that last pass play and Smith's play is just disappointing. If you want to be an elite WR in this league you make this play. I have no idea why he jumps for this. The pass IMO is on the damn money, just keep running and catch it. He seems to pull up to try and get a PI call. His slowing down actually gave the DB a clue. Just make plays.

Also, every time we go to Indy, we always jettison the run for some reason. They are not that great at stopping the run and we actually averaged 6 ypc and then just forgot about it.

Last, I was very disappointed they kept leaving UDRFA LT James Hurst on an island with no help. I didn't like that at all. Coaching/scheming could have been a lot better.

Last edited by LBzrule; 10-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Just because I have to get this out of the way... that play called a fumble by Steve Smith was an incomplete pass. It'd be less infuriating that they got that call wrong if they actually reviewed it like they're supposed to do with EVERY SINGLE TURNOVER. I can't remember the first but this is the 2nd time I've seen a questionable turnover not reviewed like it should've been (maybe it was when Harvin stepped on the sideline on a return that scored?). If they had reviewed and said there wasn't enough to change the call, that would've at least been tolerable.

Now that that's out of the way, what a disappointing game. The Ravens D came to play and I felt like the Colts were doing everything they can to give Baltimore the game... and they just wouldn't take it. I don't know what happened to Torrey but he's a different player this year. Meanwhile Jacoby is the same player he always was, we just forgot with the couple of big plays he made last year.

The good news is this game hurts bc this team is capable of making some noise. It was a tough matchup on the road. Hopefully they can just move on and not lay an egg in Tampa. That would be crushing.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm looking at that last pass play and Smith's play is just disappointing. If you want to be an elite WR in this league you make this play. I have no idea why he jumps for this. The pass IMO is on the damn money, just keep running and catch it. He seems to pull up to try and get a PI call. His slowing down actually gave the DB a clue. Just make plays.

Yeah, perfect pass. Torrey didn't even give himself a chance to catch it.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, perfect pass. Torrey didn't even give himself a chance to catch it.
On another view it shows he even got his hands on it, which tells me if he would have just kept running he should have ran right up under it. He's gotta make those kind of plays if he wants to be elite.

Also, while the defense played pretty good, I'm just not satisfied with Pees. The Colts OL is patchwork right now and I can't understand why he didn't get after Luck more. Well I do understand, that's just not the type of coordinator that Pees is. I thought we should have dialed up a lot of pressure like the Colts did to our offense. Anyways, one play where we did dial up pressure this is what happened:

I like this guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

"If he wants to be elite" is all fine and dandy, but whether he caught that or not still makes it a bad decision IMO. I'm guessing that's on Flacco but I don't know what his options were on the play that was called. Bottom line is it's 4th and 3, and an incompletion ends the game. You have to have a safer option for 4th and 3.

If TSmith was beyond the safety and a completion possibly means a TD then maybe the risk is worth it, but Daniels should be sitting down in the middle by the marker, SSmith should be running a quick slant in or something, a RB should be out in the flat, etc. On "4th and game over" he shouldn't be making that pass.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
"If he wants to be elite" is all fine and dandy, but whether he caught that or not still makes it a bad decision IMO. I'm guessing that's on Flacco but I don't know what his options were on the play that was called. Bottom line is it's 4th and 3, and an incompletion ends the game. You have to have a safer option for 4th and 3.

If TSmith was beyond the safety and a completion possibly means a TD then maybe the risk is worth it, but Daniels should be sitting down in the middle by the marker, SSmith should be running a quick slant in or something, a RB should be out in the flat, etc. On "4th and game over" he shouldn't be making that pass.
I'm not going to blame Joe on this one. IT was cover 1. He had Daniels in the middle, but he's also got Smith 1 on 1 on the outside. You trust your WR to make that play in that situation just like you would trust Daniels to catch it in the middle. Torrey has to make these plays. Sure Joe could have gone to Daniels but his decision to go to Smith is equivalent IMO. Everyone is one on one and you gotta make the play. I disagree about not making this pass. Nothing wrong with it IMO. Execution is the problem. Torrey has the man beat, he didn't finish the play.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I'd still go with something "safer" but I hear you. He put the ball on the money so it shouldn't have been an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »