Home

Week 6 TNF: Indianapolis Colts (3-2) @ Houston Texans (3-2)

This is a discussion on Week 6 TNF: Indianapolis Colts (3-2) @ Houston Texans (3-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #81
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Week 6 TNF: Indianapolis Colts (3-2) @ Houston Texans (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Well it was closer than it probably should've been. Obviously Indy got up really quick so Houston had plenty of time to catch up which I expected they would, but I also expected us to keep scoring to make it hard for them. Only 6 second half points. Still I'll take it. Just disappointing when you lead 24-0 in a game and the other team has a shot to win with 2 minutes left.

Either way, 4 straight wins, I like where we're at. I think our defense has been playing well given the circumstances. Still need to get some better players on that side of the ball, but overall it's not a bad unit(and without our best player too). If the offense can keep scoring like they have been and the defense can make some plays every now and then I think the Colts have a shot at the SB. We at least have the QB to do it and the ability to get to the QB and force turnovers on defense. Certainly not the favorites though.

Also Houston needs to get a QB. This isn't 10 years ago where you can put an average QB on a stacked team and win. They might get to the playoffs, but that's it. No idea why they didn't try to do more to get a QB in the offseason.
Well they went and brought in Ryan Mallet. I think it's time for him to get a shot at Houston QB job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 12

Houston is 27th in yardage allowed per game.

That includes a 4.4 yards allowed per rush attempt and 272 passing yards allowed per game.

There's a lot of room for improvement in QB play but maybe Houston needs help in other areas, like the secondary?
Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #83
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Houston is 27th in yardage allowed per game.

That includes a 4.4 yards allowed per rush attempt and 272 passing yards allowed per game.

There's a lot of room for improvement in QB play but maybe Houston needs help in other areas, like the secondary?
Yeah they're suspect in secondary. Romo bombed a few out there and TY Hilton carved them up in the two games I've seen from them. Certainly when they get Clowney back it will help a bit with secondary if he can help pressure QB more then they already do with Watt.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #84
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Our corners, mainly Johnathan Joseph are so slow. And when you can't get a pass rush outside of Watt (whose getting doubled team a majority of the game) opposing quarterbacks can sit in the pocket all day and pick apart the secondary.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #85
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
Yeah they're suspect in secondary. Romo bombed a few out there and TY Hilton carved them up in the two games I've seen from them. Certainly when they get Clowney back it will help a bit with secondary if he can help pressure QB more then they already do with Watt.
Man Hilton would be a first ballot hall of famer if he could play us every game smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »