Home

Ryan Dinwiddie, Bears agree to free-agent deal

This is a discussion on Ryan Dinwiddie, Bears agree to free-agent deal within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #1
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Ryan Dinwiddie, Bears agree to free-agent deal

Link

I think this is a GREAT Acquisition guys. This guy can Read & Lead,Scramble,and has a Cannon arm. He's gonna surprise ALOT of non-believers, and he might...i say...MIGHT dethrone Grossman! We'll see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Ryan Dinwiddie, Bears agree to free-agent deal

Quote:

Motown said:
Link

I think this is a GREAT Acquisition guys. This guy can Read & Lead,Scramble,and has a Cannon arm. He's gonna surprise ALOT of non-believers, and he might...i say...MIGHT dethrone Grossman! We'll see

Grossman is on a throne? How many NFL snaps has he taken?
Old 04-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

REX GROSSMAN:

led all rookie signal-callers last year with a .667 winning percentage and passer rating of 74.8 while leading the Bears to a 2-1 record & Dating back to 1952, stands as Chicago's only rookie QB to win his first 2 starts and the only one during that time to win in his NFL debut & Connected on 7 plays of 20 or more yards in 10 quarters of rookie action & Only the eighth QB ever drafted by the Bears in the first round and just the fourth since 1951.

Started the final 3 games of the season for Chicago, becoming the first Bears rookie QB to win his first NFL start in 22 seasons and the franchise's only player to do so in his first 2 career starts dating back to 1952 & Led Chicago QBs in passing yards per attempt (6.07), INTs per attempt ratio (1.4%), passer efficiency rating (74.8) and tied for the team lead in TDs per attempt ratio (2.8%) & Did Not Play as the backup QB in Games 6-8, 12-13 and inactive as third QB in Games 1-5, 9-11 & Made NFL debut as starting QB vs. MIN (12/14), throwing for 157 yards on 13-of-30 passing and leading Chicago to a FG on his first drive behind center; first completion was an 11-yarder to TE-Desmond Clark & Passed for season-high 249 yards on 19-of-32 passing vs. WASH (12/21) with 2 TDs and 1 INT, including a season-long 59-yard completion to WR-Marty Booker for his first career TD pass; completed passes to 9 different receivers, 6 different on first 6 completions & Completed 6-of-10 passes for 31 yards in start at KC (12/28) before leaving in 2nd qtr. due to finger injury.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah, an UDFA is gonna dethrone a 1st round pick. Give me a break. There is a reason why Dinwiddie wasn't drafted and why Grossman went 1st round just 1 year ago.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:50 PM   #5
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Nice, didnt realize that he started 3 games...the .667 winning percentage is kinda misleading though. He is only 2-1. The guy only has thrown 2 TD passes in his career.

I do find it interesting that Chicago drafted Krenzel and then signed Dinwiddie. Maybe they dont have faith in Grossman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Or maybe they needed a backup. Krenzel and Dinwiddie were not brought in to be starters. After Grossman, the Bears have no one so that is why Krenzel and Dinwiddie were brought in. You guys are making too much out of this.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
Pro

ronin21's Arena

OVR: 6

I will say this Competition will Only make Rex better. His Sophmore year He had Brock Berlin looking over his shoulder (which isn't saying much any more) and to have spurrier as your coach you don't want anybody looking over your shoulder. Well with all that pressure he went on to have nine 300+ yd games in a row even in a loss. Now I'm sure that was part of the system he was in but he also still had to complete the pass. Some players like to have that guy behind them waiting to take thier place when they falter because it keeps them sharp and i think Rex is one of those guys.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #8
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

Quote:

OHguy00 said:
Yeah, an UDFA is gonna dethrone a 1st round pick. Give me a break. There is a reason why Dinwiddie wasn't drafted and why Grossman went 1st round just 1 year ago.

I will say this....Dinwiddie won't have a problem movin' in front of Krenzel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »