Home

Week 13: Cleveland Browns (7-4) @ Buffalo Bills (6-5)

This is a discussion on Week 13: Cleveland Browns (7-4) @ Buffalo Bills (6-5) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 13: Cleveland Browns (7-4) @ Buffalo Bills (6-5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Comparable receptions / year if you look at the stats, both have around 40. Cameron had a great year last year, obviously, but before that didn't do much. In four years of consistent starts Chandler has averaged ~4 TDs a year. The stats are hard to compare because Cameron has been injured or whatever for two years out of his four, where Chandler has pretty much started for four years. (Chandler also has 2" on him.)

I'd prefer if we didn't just make blanket statements, not use any facts, and then assume somebody is jumping in kool aid baths - its really annoying. You watch the Browns two times a year or more, I get it, it doesn't seem like you watch the Bills two times a year.
I have an unhealthy fantasy football addiction, multiple tvs and Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't suggest I watch the Bills as much as you but outside of the Ravens and Skins I watch, read, analyze, etc. every other team quite a bit.

But honestly I don't think it takes digging that deep for this one. Even your reasoning here is that they have comparable numbers this year, while acknowledging that Cameron has played less. I think YOU know this is a stretch. I'm no expert, but I'm sure if we researched as many as we wanted across the internet, not one would have Chandler listed above Cameron. I don't even think anyone here (including other Bills fans) would.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #18
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

They have comparable career numbers is what I said. Cameron had a breakout year last year on a team that didn't have a 400 yard rusher.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
They have comparable career numbers is what I said. Cameron had a breakout year last year on a team that didn't have a 400 yard rusher.

That's suggesting that it was a fluke and I would think many would disagree with you. That's fine, of course, but even then I still feel it's overrating Chandler.

Either way, I don't want to fight with you about it since (as you said) it doesn't really matter. I think the Bills are going to win the game despite how I feel about the TE comparison.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #20
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

That's cool. If I need fantasy advice I'll ask you.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #21

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Y'all really think the Bills WRs are anywhere near the level of Gordon? That's ignorance or some serious homerism. My man has been out the whole season and pretty much picked up where he left off last week.

Chandler to Cameron is almost laughable. Chandler has only had 3 games of more than 3 receptions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Consider the team and fan are Shiz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #22
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Y'all really think the Bills WRs are anywhere near the level of Gordon? That's ignorance or some serious homerism. My man has been out the whole season and pretty much picked up where he left off last week.

Chandler to Cameron is almost laughable. Chandler has only had 3 games of more than 3 receptions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
He got back from selling cars with 120 yds and no TDs vs a historically bad defense. Relax, chief.

I already stated the stats for Cameron... In a year with no rushing attack and your car salesmen drawing D he had a pro bowl season. He's a good TE, but providing no stats and just opinions doesn't really support your personal attacks. Please be a better poster.

@Marino: did the Dolphins front office ask Josh Gordon if his mom was a hooker when they pre-draft interviewed him?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

Last edited by muggins; 11-26-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

We'll be cutting down on the saltiness in this thread now.

Back to discussing this particular game, and maturely. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #24
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Darn I missed a good debate while I was out today

Needless to say I wouldn't say the Bills WRs are as good as Gordon right now but both Woods and Watkins are on upward trajectories. Woods seems to be projecting as a possession receiver who can make the occasional big play while Watkins is going to be the big play receiver. He's doing very well compared to the other rookie WRs this season and I see nothing but good things for him. I do think that he projects to be as good or better than Gordon and that's not homerism as a lot of the experts believe he's a franchise type of WR. Already in his rookie year he's going to have better numbers than Andre Reed and possibly eclipse Jerry Butler in yardage. In the case of both guys Watkins is going to get more receptions for sure. Granted it's different eras (1979 and 1985 respectively) but when Watkins is reflecting himself positively compared to the top WRs in the franchise's history than I think one should sit up and take notice.

As for the TE comparison while I think Cameron has more talent and can be more explosive i'll just say that Chandler is functionally as important to the Bills as Cameron is to the Browns. Chandler tends to get the ball at crucial times, in fact he gets the ball on 3rd down almost as much as he does in other downs. He and Cameron historically have similar 3rd down reception numbers. So again, Chandler is probably not as good but he plays the same kind of role in the offense at least from the 3rd down perspective.

These are all just opinions and I respect anyone who disagrees with me but this is how I feel.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »