Home

Which head coach will be first to fire ?

This is a discussion on Which head coach will be first to fire ? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #9

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Which head coach will be first to fire ?

I also think Whisenhunt goes for sure.

Don't see Rivera getting fired, this is not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 12-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't think it's for certain that Tom Coughlin will be fired. Rex Ryan will definitely be fired only to be picked up right away by another team.

Mike Smith, I've always thought, should have been fired after his time management blunder in London vs. the Lions. A week after that, he had another ****-up vs. the Browns. I'm convinced that if Mike Smith wasn't their head coach, they would have 2 more wins than they do now. But technically, the "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me" mistake is on Arthur Blank. So 1 of those 2 losses that Smith is accountable for, I think Blank is also accountable for.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Coughlin is going nowhere because he has cast a spell on ownership.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Trestman should go, but I'm sure we'll only get rid of Tucker at the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #13
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Trestman should go, but I'm sure we'll only get rid of Tucker at the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't imagine they'd keep the offensive coordinator after last week's debacle. Has a team ever fired both coordinators and kept the HC?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 12-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Jason Garrett would normally be on the hotseat in another situation, but Jerry Jones and the front in general office just seem to love this guy.
In what other situation would a head coach who just won ten games leading his team for the first time in his career and has won no fewer than eight games in his tenure on the hot seat?

It's fair to say Garrett was on the hot seat entering the season, sure, but at this point it's more likely Jerry Jones gives him a big extension this offseason than let him walk (Garrett's contract expires after this season ends).
Old 12-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In what other situation would a head coach who just won ten games leading his team for the first time in his career and has won no fewer than eight games in his tenure on the hot seat?
Too specific. But generally, a head coach in the NFL who hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years or ever and certainly having no prior head coaching history or success, could've pretty much expected to be cut before this season. Many won't even get a 3rd year much less a 4th and 5th season like Garrett has.

Even more successful coaches with better recent successes before being canned and better coaching histories overall have been canned. I recall Marty Schottenheimer getting the axe after going 14-2.

Quote:
It's fair to say Garrett was on the hot seat entering the season, sure, but at this point it's more likely Jerry Jones gives him a big extension this offseason than let him walk (Garrett's contract expires after this season ends).
I'm sure Garrett will be extended, but I think this is a mistake. I never felt enthusiastic about him as a head coach and I still don't. I feel you could plug in any mediocre guy and get about the same success level the team has gotten over the past 5 seasons because these players are talented. But to get to the next level they need "the guy". To me, Jason Garrett is just a guy, not "the guy".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

The Chargers fired a coach after going 14-2 and it worked out great for them. #NORV

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »