Home

NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #49
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers

I think part of the worry is Rodgers' health. I'll admit, he looked worse out there on Sunday than I expected him to. I'm with you though, slickdtc, I think this will be a better game than the tone in this thread seems so far.

I hope the bulk of the reaction isn't bc of that game earlier in the season... waaaaaay earlier in the season. And as great as McCarthy is, he should be fired if they decide to completely ignore one side of the field again, so I don't see this game going anywhere close to the way that one went.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #50
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think part of the worry is Rodgers' health. I'll admit, he looked worse out there on Sunday than I expected him to. I'm with you though, slickdtc, I think this will be a better game than the tone in this thread seems so far.

I hope the bulk of the reaction isn't bc of that game earlier in the season... waaaaaay earlier in the season. And as great as McCarthy is, he should be fired if they decide to completely ignore one side of the field again, so I don't see this game going anywhere close to the way that one went.
I just worry because we couldn't beat them with a healthy Rodgers. But, at work today I was thinking about the differences between this Packer team and the one that played them week one.

1) Better running game.

2) Better offensive line when it comes to both running and passing.

3) Better run defense.

The bottomline line, however, is that unlike Dallas Seattle can get pressure with just four. It is going to be extremely hard for Rodgers to get enough time without being able to extend plays with one leg.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 01-13-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I was listening to an interview with Will Carroll from Bleacher Report (yeah I know I know) and they were talking about Rodgers. Apparently the left AND right side of his calf are screwed up and if he makes just ONE sudden movement it could lead to an MCL injury that would put him out for 9-12 months. If this is accurate than man, Rodgers and the Packers are playing with fire. They can't even shoot him up with coritsone because he needs to feel the pain to gauge how his leg is feeling.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #52
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I was listening to an interview with Will Carroll from Bleacher Report (yeah I know I know) and they were talking about Rodgers. Apparently the left AND right side of his calf are screwed up and if he makes just ONE sudden movement it could lead to an MCL injury that would put him out for 9-12 months. If this is accurate than man, Rodgers and the Packers are playing with fire. They can't even shoot him up with coritsone because he needs to feel the pain to gauge how his leg is feeling.
IDK about that. He seemed to be more nimble in the second half than in the first.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
IDK about that. He seemed to be more nimble in the second half than in the first.
Yeah, Carroll did say the team doctors figured out a way to tape him up so that there would be more comfort for Rodgers.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12

He needs to have his fastball so for their sake, he needs to be able to push off that leg, never mind trying to extend plays.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:14 PM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers

Rodgers said on his weekly show that his injury is no better or worse than what it was last week. He also wishes people would stop talking about it because it's not going to get any better no time soon.

Hell, in the 3 games he's played with it, from a numbers standpoint, he's been fine. Hasn't been his usual self(let's be real, we're spoiled by his play)but still producing more than most healthy QBs. And if how he looked and moved around in the 2nd half(which was a LOT better than it was in the 1st half)is a sign of how he'll look on Sunday, then I'll increase our chances of winning by 6%. Which is 5% more than what I thought of our chances on Sunday.

But yeah, our margin of error is going slim as **** compared to Seattle if we want to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #56
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Please Green Bay, win this game.
Packers 27
Seahawks 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »