Home

NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service

This is a discussion on NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I can't believe no one else on this entire forum had the Sunday Ticket streaming package in the past ...
What makes you say no one else here has had it?

I had it the first year it was released on ps4 but dropped it because of it's poor quality.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #10
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What makes you say no one else here has had it?

I had it the first year it was released on ps4 but dropped it because of it's poor quality.

I was assuming no one had because the thread has been up nearly 2 weeks and no one had chimed in providing their experience...

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

I had it on PC last year which was fine. Was hoping the Xboxone this year would be better. Would rather use the Xbone but afraid to pull the trigger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
I had it on PC last year which was fine. Was hoping the Xboxone this year would be better. Would rather use the Xbone but afraid to pull the trigger.

I think in previous years the streaming quality has been roughly the same across the board. Hoping that things improve this year but I'll be honest I will would be *shocked* if that happened.

I decided I am just going to get it again (as much as I am conflicted about giving money to a monopoly like the NFL-DirecTV has going on ). Since speedtests on my laptop are a good 3-4x faster than my PS4, I think I'll start out with the cheaper laptop streaming first and just connect via HDMI. If I hear of improvements on console streaming have been made, I will upgrade to that later.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:01 AM   #13
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Still wondering if I should get this or not. I wish more people on here had more experiences with it. Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on something this expensive if the quality isn't there.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 09-04-2015, 02:48 AM   #14
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Does anyone here use their PS4 or Xbox One to stream NFL Sunday Ticket?

Last season I had it on my PS4, and the video & audio quality was terrible. The video was clear, for the most part, but you could tell that you were watching internet streaming video in that the "frame rate" was not smooth once things moved across the stream or the camera panned across. Sometimes there was an issue with the stream jumping back like 10 seconds, and it constantly doing this for a few minutes or so. In terms of audio, it was like it was set to 'mono' or something (it was not). The whole experience was ridiculous.

>> I was wondering if anyone else had success streaming the Sunday Ticket to their console?

Also I am wondering if it is better on Xbox One. On my PS4, many people have claimed there is a download speed cap for the console -- I seem to experience that myself. On my laptop over Wi-Fi I can pull down ~90 Mbps; but on my PS4, consistently only in the range of 25-33 Mbps (but not uncommonly less than that). I never once had a problem, not even any kind of serious buffering, while watching full HD content on Netflix. Not to mention Sony made the stupid decision to go with 2.4 GHz band Wi-Fi and not 5 GHz, SMH.
(And I didn't get to try it with NFL ST, but on my laptop using ethernet cable, I consistently get a whopping 180 Mbps; but on my PS4, only 37-43 Mbps.)

>> Anyone on Xbox One have a full-HD TV-like viewing experience with the Sunday Ticket? Wonder if the NFL's partnership with MS gives Xbox users the hookup on better service, like how EA's partnership gives Xbox users slightly better looking EA Sports games...
It's not that Microsoft gets better treatment, it's that Sony are morons and strangle your Internet speed. I have 120 mbps Internet but I get between 20-30 on PS4. My Xbone gets all 120 mbps.

I think that's partly why Sunday ticket on Xbone seems better than the PS4 one.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 09-04-2015, 04:33 AM   #15
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
It's not that Microsoft gets better treatment, it's that Sony are morons and strangle your Internet speed. I have 120 mbps Internet but I get between 20-30 on PS4. My Xbone gets all 120 mbps.

I think that's partly why Sunday ticket on Xbone seems better than the PS4 one.
I just wonder if that lends itself to true HD streaming of the NFL Sunday Ticket. In the long for me it doesn't truly matter because I'm not picking up an Xbox just for a few exclusives. But still interested in knowing if streaming games on it is better, because that could be a selling point...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 04:35 AM   #16
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I just wonder if that lends itself to true HD streaming of the NFL Sunday Ticket. In the long for me it doesn't truly matter because I'm not picking up an Xbox just for a few exclusives. But still interested in knowing if streaming games on it is better, because that could be a selling point...
I'm thinking about getting it on Xbone, if I pull the trigger let me know what to look for to find that out.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »