Home

Week 5: Seattle Seahawks (2-2) @ Cincinnati Bengals (4-0)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Seattle Seahawks (2-2) @ Cincinnati Bengals (4-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #73
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Week 5: Seattle Seahawks (2-2) @ Cincinnati Bengals (4-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Yeah, last year Seattle started 3-3 followed by 9-1.
Agreed, and I think this year will be similiar. Although GB has the tie-breaker this time, so while we have a LONG way to go, it looks like the road to SB 50 will go through Lambeau in January.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 12

It'll be interesting if Wilson does get sacked over 70 times this year.

Supposedly only Randall Cunningham and one other QB has been sacked over 70s times and they were never the same players after those seasons.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

The only way Seattle will get in the playoffs is via wild card, the Cardinals are going to win that division. They are really ****ing good and at this point are the team I'm worried about the most in terms of Bengals opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Seems hard to maintain an all time great defense for more than a year. 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, and 2013 Seahawks*.... Not saying that these defenses collapsed immediately but they didn't win another championship, either a repeat or one within two years*. And winning titles is what that level of defense is all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Or maybe with those big contracts, the players aren't playing with exactly the same intensity or focus.
I think it's just really hard to win a superbowl and also requires a bit of luck.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #77
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Of course the Seahawks are still playoff contenders, but their margin for error is pretty thin at this point.

You're looking at an offensive line that's just bad, one of their most important offensive players has been out and is at a point in his career where it should be expected he's wearing down, and limited offensive weapons elsewhere.

Not to mention, the great defense that's been historically good the past few years may be regressing to the mean. That's to be expected though.

There's some very good teams in the NFC, and a few that are on the verge. It's the stronger conference this year. Seattle has some work to do.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #78
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

A lot of blame has been put on the O-Line and deservedly so, but Russell has been very average so far this season. He's not really improving as a passer. Not sure if he's not seeing the field or if he's just got happy feet from the lack of protection. I keep waiting for him to take the next step. I thought a freak of nature at TE would do the trick but so far I haven't seen anything different.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #79
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
A lot of blame has been put on the O-Line and deservedly so, but Russell has been very average so far this season. He's not really improving as a passer. Not sure if he's not seeing the field or if he's just got happy feet from the lack of protection. I keep waiting for him to take the next step. I thought a freak of nature at TE would do the trick but so far I haven't seen anything different.
I feel like last season was a step backwards, and this season so far he has started to regain some of the form from his first two seasons that made him such a weapon. The fact that he is almost at 8 YPA and over 70% completion behind this offensive line is something that I don't think should be discounted.

With that being said, I do agree with you. He's missing opportunities to make big, game changing plays because he's bailing too quick. In the Bengals game there were a few really big plays he missed in the 4th quarter and OT. Some of that because the protection isn't holding up, but some because he's leaving clean pockets when he doesn't have to. Granted he hasn't known a good pass protecting line at any point of his NFL career, so perhaps part of the blame for his lack of development here falls on Carroll/Schneider/Cable. But for a guy that is supposed to be "always in the film room" and working to improve, he should be noticing these flaws and able to correct it.

Still, only year 4. Not like he doesn't have a chance to get better. Think the front office is going to have to start thinking about investing something along the o-line other than converted defensive tackles and former tight ends though. There isn't a single o-lineman in the starting five right now that I feel close to comfortable with moving forward. Even if they still had Unger, the o-line would be a problem.

Last edited by thaima1shu; 10-13-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #80
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I think they are trying too hard to open up the offense.
It's not a knock on Wilson. He's a proven winner
when they keep it simple. The old formula works.
They just have to get back to basics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »