Home

Week 5 SNF: New York Giants (2-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 5 SNF: New York Giants (2-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #9
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Week 5 SNF: New York Giants (2-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
I don't think it's coincidence those 2 years happen to be when OBJ came around. It's not a stretch to say OBJ revived Eli's career and is mostly the reason McAdoo has that job.

Does OBJ need to calm down? Absolutely. But I'm definitely side eying the comments coming from those two.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
It has more to do with the WCO McAdoo installed when he became OC. Kevin Gilbride (or as many Giants fans call him, Killdrive) used to call tons of plays that took a long time to develop, and with a shaky offensive line and a QB who's got his finger resting on the panic button, it didn't work. Mac came in, simplified reads, got the ball out quicker, and that's made a huge difference. Having arguably the most talented receiver in the league definitely helps, but it's mostly the system. It just exists to make things easier for Eli.

I agree as well on the comments they're making, I've been saying they shouldn't be out here saying things that go against the best player in the team, but I'm not there. This has been a bubbling problem for a while, and I assume after the Norman game he was talked to. We've got some guys (Cruz especially) that could provide leadership, and I have to believe at this point he's just ignoring it.

Regardless, Eli wasn't going anywhere. There was never a good chance to move on from him and not giving him an extension and "shipping him out with Coughlin" would be insane IMO. I get triggered when people just throw out the idea that teams would just get rid of guys willy nilly, if Eli Manning isn't our QB who was it going to be? We were gonna start Nassib?
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 10-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Week 5 SNF: New York Giants (2-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Or because OBJ draws far more attention to himself?

By being hit late in every game and watching the refs let it happen. Then when obj reacts to that bull**** he gets flagged and we all act like his anger comes from nowhere? Nah miss me with that bull.

If Antonio Brown is targeted like Odell, and he reacts, the league and his teammate's would never turn on him like we've seen in NY. Never.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
It has more to do with the WCO McAdoo installed when he became OC. Kevin Gilbride (or as many Giants fans call him, Killdrive) used to call tons of plays that took a long time to develop, and with a shaky offensive line and a QB who's got his finger resting on the panic button, it didn't work. Mac came in, simplified reads, got the ball out quicker, and that's made a huge difference. Having arguably the most talented receiver in the league definitely helps, but it's mostly the system. It just exists to make things easier for Eli.

I agree as well on the comments they're making, I've been saying they shouldn't be out here saying things that go against the best player in the team, but I'm not there. This has been a bubbling problem for a while, and I assume after the Norman game he was talked to. We've got some guys (Cruz especially) that could provide leadership, and I have to believe at this point he's just ignoring it.

Regardless, Eli wasn't going anywhere. There was never a good chance to move on from him and not giving him an extension and "shipping him out with Coughlin" would be insane IMO. I get triggered when people just throw out the idea that teams would just get rid of guys willy nilly, if Eli Manning isn't our QB who was it going to be? We were gonna start Nassib?
Bridgewater, Carr would be two ppl you could start. You only needed to trade up seven spots in the 2nd round to get Carr. And I sure as hell wouldn't have given Eli the money the Giants did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Bridgewater, Carr would be two ppl you could start. You only needed to trade up seven spots in the 2nd round to get Carr.

Log off with this.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #13
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Log off with this.
Are you saying Carr is garbage? Cleveland picked right before Oakland did, and given their history I am fairly confident New York and Cleveland could've worked something out.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-06-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #14
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Bridgewater, Carr would be two ppl you could start. You only needed to trade up seven spots in the 2nd round to get Carr. And I sure as hell wouldn't have given Eli the money the Giants did.
We ended up with our best offensive lineman from that pick. Without Eli going into that draft, do we take a receiver with our first pick? That turned out pretty well for us that year.

Minnesota gave up their 2nd (which was a little higher than ours) and a 4th (which we burned on Andre Williams). Too much speculation. And all of that to give up on a 2 time super bowl MVP who doesn't miss games for a rookie draft pick?
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 10-06-2016, 01:35 PM   #15
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
We ended up with our best offensive lineman from that pick. Without Eli going into that draft, do we take a receiver with our first pick? That turned out pretty well for us that year.

Minnesota gave up their 2nd (which was a little higher than ours) and a 4th (which we burned on Andre Williams). Too much speculation. And all of that to give up on a 2 time super bowl MVP who doesn't miss games for a rookie draft pick?
That has led the league in interceptions three times and has only made the postseason 5 times going into his 13th year. Given his age and what he was asking for, I would've.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Are you saying Carr is garbage? Cleveland picked right before Oakland did, and given their history I am fairly confident New York and Cleveland could've worked something out.

It's not that Carr and Bridgewater are garbage. It's just that your plan is Madden logic. Trades and personnel decisions don't work like that in the NFL.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »