Home

NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #33
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons

Honestly with broken ribs it's really a question of pain tolerance. I've never broken mine, but I've been around people who have and it's a ***** because it actually hurts to breathe. It's impossible to speculate on how he'll feel on Sunday morning; he could make quite a bit of progress in the coming days.

If Jordy can breathe comfortably, I expect him to suit up with a flak jacket. He might not make it through the entire game though and could even be useful as a decoy. It depends so much which ribs are broken and how broken are they really (cracked? broken?). If it's a significant break, I think 2 weeks is going to be rushing things. If it's more of a minor crack, then it's more likely.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #34
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Honestly with broken ribs it's really a question of pain tolerance. I've never broken mine, but I've been around people who have and it's a ***** because it actually hurts to breathe. It's impossible to speculate on how he'll feel on Sunday morning; he could make quite a bit of progress in the coming days.

If Jordy can breathe comfortably, I expect him to suit up with a flak jacket. He might not make it through the entire game though and could even be useful as a decoy. It depends so much which ribs are broken and how broken are they really (cracked? broken?). If it's a significant break, I think 2 weeks is going to be rushing things. If it's more of a minor crack, then it's more likely.
I'm no football player, but I've cracked a couple of ribs before and there was no way I was doing anything more than jogging in less than a month.

Watch me play video games
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

According to BSPN's Packer reportor, Jordy observed practice today and besides Adams sitting out, Allison sat out of practice too.

Ouch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #36
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Lets go Green Bay!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #37
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
According to BSPN's Packer reportor, Jordy observed practice today and besides Adams sitting out, Allison sat out of practice too.

Ouch.
Aaron Rodgers getting to the Super Bowl with no wide receivers would really make some of the posters 'round here salty, eh? Maybe Bulaga can split out wide? Looking forward to this game.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #38
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I'm no football player, but I've cracked a couple of ribs before and there was no way I was doing anything more than jogging in less than a month.
Yeah, but you probably weren't afforded the same level of treatment that a #1 WR on an NFL team gets either. Maybe your healthcare is baller like that tho.

Two weeks is really pushing it, but like I said it's about pain tolerance with rib injuries. If he can do things (breathe, run, cut) and tolerate the pain, he'll probably play.

If he sits outs and can still be ready for the Super Bowl (assuming GB gets by ATL without him), that's also acceptable.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:53 AM   #39
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
My guess is that both are more than likely ruled out for the game but they are making it a "game time decision" for both of them to force the Falcons to have to account for them.

I just don't see Jordy being ready to play at a meaningful level only after 2 week from fracturing 2 ribs, Adams is a little more up in the air but I would lean more towards unlikely if they held him out of practice. Playing Jordy is possible if he participated but I would be surprised if he does play that he is used as much more of a game plan threat than an actual target.

Edit: I'm also just going off assumptions as Jason Witten and Tony Romo have both played with broken ribs but Witten was very underutilized during that time frame and Romo avoided as many hits as possible so Jordy could play I just don't know if he would have a meaningful enough impact as Cobb and Allison would be more impactful on the field unless they truly feel Jordy can compete at a meaningful level. Adams may play but seeing as they won't seem to announce an actual injury other than left ankle injury it is hard to say as it is a reinjury and no way for use to tell how bad the injury actually is (also not going to lie I'm kind of hoping they aren't called in to play as 1. Don't want to see them get reinjured again and 2. Less weapons for Rodgers means higher % chance of winning for the Falcons, so I'm a little biased lol).
Nah, I'm with you on that regarding Jordy. Not holding my breath on him playing but Davonte, I'm still holding out hope for.

Question for you, how's yall Run Defense been this year from what you've seen? I'm hoping that's the one part we can exploit with Montgomery/Rip/Michael since all the focus will be on Rodgers and the Passing game.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:49 AM   #40
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Nah, I'm with you on that regarding Jordy. Not holding my breath on him playing but Davonte, I'm still holding out hope for.

Question for you, how's yall Run Defense been this year from what you've seen? I'm hoping that's the one part we can exploit with Montgomery/Rip/Michael since all the focus will be on Rodgers and the Passing game.
It has been somewhat variable depending on a few things but as far as the basis goes, we have been the 17th ranked defense against the run in the regular season so literally middle of the road. On average a good running back against us averages about 50-60 yards on about an average of 14 or 15 carries a game. So it depends what blocking scheme we are facing.

A few examples from the regular season against the run....

CJ Anderson 11 for 41 yards, 0 tds
Christine Michael 18 for 64 yards, 2 tds
Melvin Gordon 22 for 68 yards, 2 tds
David Johnson 13 for 58 yards, 0 tds
Todd Gurley 16 for 61 yards, 1 td

So some games have been better than others but there was a pretty decent average. You do have some who break the standard like the raiders game who ran all over us with multiple backs. One thing I will point out that makes a big difference though when it comes to Montgomery being a receiver in that backfield is there is certainly an advantage the Packers will want to take. Melvin Gordon had 6 catches for 53 yards, and 1 td and David Johnson had 8 receptions for 103 yards, and 1 td.

Also if you add in the fact that Aaron Rodgers ran on us in our first game with 6 rushes for 60 yards he definitely was a factor in our first game especially because you guys had Ripkowski at running back which limited the running game.

If we look at the game last week against Seattle Russell Wilson ran 6 times for 49 yards however Thomas Rawls had 11 rushes and only had 34 yards.

So while again our run defense is smack dab middle of the road, Russell Wilson was a factor in this last game which means Aaron Rodgers certainly will be something needed to be accounted for plus with the receiver at halfback scheme, I'm sure Ty will be taken advantage of quite a lot in the passing game. As far as the run game, hard to say if Montgomery will be able to match along the lines of Melvin Gordon or if he will fall more into the category of Thomas Rawls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »