Home

2019 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #177
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: 2019 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
why? I think he's fine. Look at his last 3 QBs.
Solid point there but for a guy who's supposedly innovative he's had some very limited offenses. That very may well boil down to the QBs he's had but he doesn't impress me much. I remember in Buffalo EVERYONE was killing him for his play calls as it was the most predictable offense you've ever seen.

The positive here is that he's not calling plays though....I did say this could turn out alright but again, i'm not the biggest fan of this new coaching administration in GB.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #178

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Solid point there but for a guy who's supposedly innovative he's had some very limited offenses. That very may well boil down to the QBs he's had but he doesn't impress me much. I remember in Buffalo EVERYONE was killing him for his play calls as it was the most predictable offense you've ever seen.

The positive here is that he's not calling plays though....I did say this could turn out alright but again, i'm not the biggest fan of this new coaching administration in GB.
Buffalo had terrible personnel when he was there.

He did a great job in Jacksonville with an almost equally as bad offensive unit. Ironically, he did himself in by over performing with a mediocre offensive staff last season.

You're too blinded by the year (maybe two?) he spent in Buffalo. He's a good hire and will be fine in GB.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:34 PM   #179
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Yeah It's hard to be that innovative with Bortles, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Cody Kessler, Kyle Orton as your QBs. His work in 2017 and in the AFC championship is very impressive. I don't think JAX problems were Scheme related more like an offense around Blake Bortles can only go so far. I'm not saying it's A hire by any means. I like LeFleur probably more than most. I wanted McDaniels but to me LeFleur was very close. so it's really a staff of we'll see they're going to have to prove it.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Yeah It's hard to be that innovative with Bortles, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Cody Kessler, Kyle Orton as your QBs. His work in 2017 and in the AFC championship is very impressive. I don't think JAX problems were Scheme related more like an offense around Blake Bortles can only go so far. I'm not saying it's A hire by any means. I like LeFleur probably more than most. I wanted McDaniels but to me LeFleur was very close. so it's really a staff of we'll see they're going to have to prove it.
He wasn't terrible in Jacksonville, but his main problem was his constant changing of the play calls from week to week. He would find things that worked and then go away from those for weeks. He just seemed to try to outsmart the other team instead of focusing on what your players do best.

He also gave up on the run too much.

He put a great plan together to destroy the Pats this season and then the OL was killed by injuries and Bortles couldn't throw the ball then. He had to be fired, but it wasn't all his fault.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #181
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't follow the CFL so don't know much about him but Saskatchewan Roughriders GM/HC Chris Jones has accepted a position on the Browns staff in a defensive role, haven't said what that role is yet.

He was a graduate assistant at Alabama when Freddie Kitchens was QB there.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #182
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniM1ke
I don't follow the CFL so don't know much about him but Saskatchewan Roughriders GM/HC Chris Jones has accepted a position on the Browns staff in a defensive role, haven't said what that role is yet.

He was a graduate assistant at Alabama when Freddie Kitchens was QB there.
Wow huge loss for the Riders as he just signed an extension. He's a fairly good coach especially on the defensive side. He's a bit of a dictator though and has rubbed some people the wrong way. That being said, he's a guy that gets the most out of his players and has won 4 Grey Cups (3 as an assistant and one as a HC) He was named the coach of the year this past season as well.

He's very good at developing a culture as well and is a tough SOB. He'd be a good fit in Cleveland.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #183
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yikes, Gregg Williams to the Jets as DC. Heads up AFC East QB's.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #184
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Wonder if Baker will refuse to shake Gregg's hand when the Browns play the Jets, because he's an enemy now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »