Home

2020 Divisional Weekend Discussion

This is a discussion on 2020 Divisional Weekend Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #481

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: 2020 Divisional Weekend Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The narrative all year has not been having too few weapons in the passing game.

Ravens got away from what got them here, and I m pretty sure Jackson may have been feeling the pressure. He was trying to do too much, even on the first drive he kept the ball on option runs when he would normally hand it off.

The offense as a whole just seemed off. Ingram and Gus combined for 9 carries. That is not what got Baltimore to 14-2. And I don't want to hear anything about being down early forced them to pass more. This was a team that executed their two minute offense with runs during the season.
The narrative of having too few weapons in the passing game would never come up since they won 12 in a row and most of those rather convincingly. I don't know what there is to argue, and I'm not saying they should have abandoned the run, but they went down 14-0 rather quickly, Jackson ended up throwing the ball 59 times and they got away from what got them there in the first place. Not going to get an argument from me that they should have stuck to their gameplan longer then they did but I also dont see how anything I said was inaccurate or exaggerated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #482
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
The narrative of having too few weapons in the passing game would never come up since they won 12 in a row and most of those rather convincingly. I don't know what there is to argue, and I'm not saying they should have abandoned the run, but they went down 14-0 rather quickly, Jackson ended up throwing the ball 59 times and they got away from what got them there in the first place. Not going to get an argument from me that they should have stuck to their gameplan longer then they did but I also dont see how anything I said was inaccurate or exaggerated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The first statement about too few weapons was the only portion intended as a direct reply to you, the rest of it was just my general thoughts on the game
Old 01-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #483
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The first statement about too few weapons was the only portion intended as a direct reply to you, the rest of it was just my general thoughts on the game
All I hope is that Yada comes back for one more year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »