Home

Week 17 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 17 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 10:56 AM   #49
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

There has never been a 6-10 team more screwed out of a playoff spot than the 2020 Giants.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #50
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I disagree 100% here. I’m not a giants or eagles fan but to me it was just a crime to the integrity of the sport to do that, especially in 2020 with covid and how much the entire league and every player, coach, staff, etc sacrificed just to get through this season. They blatantly gave up and turned the 4th quarter into a fantasy camp for that QB in a game with so much on the line in a close game for everyone to see. I hope this brings some serious bad karma for the Eagles. I hope their pick is the biggest bust in the history of busts and this pushes back their franchise several years.

Oh well, we move on.
The Eagles have no obligation, at all, to the sport or to the Giants to do anything other than what they want to do.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #51
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
The Eagles have no obligation, at all, to the sport or to the Giants to do anything other than what they want to do.
Yeah I don’t agree with that. They definitely have an obligation to the sport and their own roster of players and organization at the very least for a year long sacrifice they all made in a screwed up covid world to get each game in. Even the looks of their own players on the sidelines said it all lol. How does someone like Hurts or anyone else on that roster respect Pederson after that? Wouldn’t it have even been better for the franchise to allow him a chance to work through a 4th quarter in a “playoff” like atmosphere with so much on the line for the other team? They aren’t bringing Wentz back next season and they certainly arent planning around Sudfeld.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #52
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

So one thread next week, or a thread per conference perhaps?
Old 01-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think the anger and outrage would be nearly as bad if they started that QB for the entire game. I wouldn't object at all, and I think many would not either.

But the fact that Pederson made the switch in the 4th quarter of a close game changes the reaction drastically, even though the motivation behind the different approaches are the same.

It is said that Pederson made the decision before the game and the players were aware of it. Do any NFC east fans recall reading of this prior to the game?

If he did make the decision ahead of time I wouldn't object to it. It would mean he treated the game as a preseason contest. I don't see a problem with that because for the Eagles it effectively was a meaningless exhibition.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

One thread per conference, the sooner the better please!
Old 01-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #55
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I don't think the anger and outrage would be nearly as bad if they started that QB for the entire game. I wouldn't object at all, and I think many would not either.

But the fact that Pederson made the switch in the 4th quarter of a close game changes the reaction drastically, even though the motivation behind the different approaches are the same.

It is said that Pederson made the decision before the game and the players were aware of it. Do any NFC east fans recall reading of this prior to the game?

If he did make the decision ahead of time I wouldn't object to it. It would mean he treated the game as a preseason contest. I don't see a problem with that because for the Eagles it effectively was a meaningless exhibition.
From the snippets I heard he said that he planned to give him some time. He was asked though if the game was close whether he planned to do the same and he didn't answer.

This wasn't a case of a kid never given a shot before. He's played here and there over the 4 years in the league and is 27 years old. I agree that if he was started it wouldn't have looked as bad but they still arent even 100% sure what they have in Hurts either so he needed to play more than Sudfeld. What gets lost is that they even refused to kick the field goal from the 6 on 4th down in a 17-14 game too. Just a shame. Whole team is playing for pride and heart and the coaching staff had other ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #56

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So one thread next week, or a thread per conference perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
One thread per conference, the sooner the better please!

Yea, I like the idea of a thread per conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »