Home

Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

This is a discussion on Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #217
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
re: Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

If he wanted to do that, he would've done it long, long ago. This is the hill he's chosen to die on. He's just making another city build a shiny new hill for him to die on 30 or so miles down the road.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
If he wanted to do that, he would've done it long, long ago. This is the hill he's chosen to die on. He's just making another city build a shiny new hill for him to die on 30 or so miles down the road.
Absolutely*.
I may have my facts wrong, but wasn't it Bettman who convinced Glendale into building a new facility because Scottsdale wouldn't?
Now he's saying it's not viable to be in Glendale?

Whoever he's trying to schmooze into building a new rink for the Coyotes should take a long hard look.
They'd probably be better off putting in a 2nd NFL franchise in Arizona than a hockey team.

*I can't help but wonder if he'll die before the Coyotes move out just out of spite for Jim Balsillie.

Last edited by Money99; 03-09-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #219

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Absolutely*.
I may have my facts wrong, but wasn't it Bettman who convinced Glendale into building a new facility because Scottsdale wouldn't?
Now he's saying it's not viable to be in Glendale?

Whoever he's trying to schmooze into building a new rink for the Coyotes should take a long hard look.
They'd probably be better off putting in a 2nd NFL franchise in Arizona than a hockey team.

*I can't help but wonder if he'll die before the Coyotes move out just out of spite for Jim Balsillie.
They moved because their old arena had them in similar position as islanders now. Obstructed views, not built for hockey, had to find better place to play.

Now seems like if Coyotes stay in Arizona, it'll have to be a real good location, possibly arena built for NBA and NHL in mind.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:42 PM   #220

Majingir's Arena

Re: Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

Coyotes temporary solution to their attendance problems....tarp off sections so it LOOKS more full.

I don't think NHL cares about that one bit. Image is one thing, but NHL is a business and doing something to make yourself look slightly better but still cost that business millions of dollars isn't gonna help your case.

I'm guessing a "temporary" relocation isn't an option either? Like re-locate the Coyotes elsewhere(KC maybe just to keep conference alignment) and if the Coyotes can get an arena built together with the Phoenix Suns, then NHL would give them their team back? Because even if they were to get some kind of deal for a new arena, I'd imagine it'd take a handful of years to even finish it. That's millions upon millions of dollars a year they'll be continuing to lose in this timespan.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-17-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #221
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

They should change the name of the team to The Nomads and have them play all their Home Games in visiting buildings while that team has their 5-day break.
Genius! 😉

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #222
Banned

OVR: 0

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ture/99544348/
Old 03-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #223

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
The saga continues.

No way QC would get them. 17-14 split it just horrible. Owners in East wouldn't want that either. A division with 9 vs West with only 7?

If NHL went MLB/NFL style with divisions then there'd be no issue in how many East vs West teams you got. Only a need for 8-10 West teams vs the 16 NHL wants now(only really have 11 with Vegas). I'm guessing it won't even be considered in the new cba?

Can't stay in Glendale, won't fund new arena, will this finally be the end? Or just chapter 58 in this forever story?
Old 07-30-2019, 11:44 PM   #224

Majingir's Arena

Looks like the Coyotes saga could finally be coming to an end.

https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/sta...518372353?s=19

It's good I guess, but I really wanted them to move. From what I saw, 300m might have been the price, which is sad given how expansion teams are paying 500m and 750m. No wonder groups weren't lining up to pay so much.

Canes and Coyotes could be done with these moving talks, onto Panthers I guess?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »