Home

The Official 2019-20 Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2019-20 Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #17
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Official 2019-20 Season Talk Thread

Rangers traded Namestnikov to the Senators for a 4th. It's a reasonable gamble to make for the Senators; I could see them getting a better return on him at the deadline, whereas right now, the Rangers needed to open up cap space.

Mantha has looked great so far, hopefully this is the season he ascends to the level of goal scoring prowess he displayed in the Q.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #18

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
I see that both the Canucks and Sabres are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year - exactly NINE years after celebrating their 40th during the 2010/11 season.

There are three possibilities here:

1. They were hedging their bets on half the 20/21 season being lost to an NHL lockout.
2. They can't decide whether the lost 04/05 season counts or not.
3. There are very good reasons why neither team has ever won a Cup.
To be fair, they began in 1970.

50 years after that is 2020.

The mistake was listing 10/11 as 40th year. Canucks had 89/90, 94/95, 99/00 as 20th, 25th and 30th years. But then 10/11 as 40th.

They didn't count lockout back then. But who can blame them? It's a weird thing to count or not count.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #19
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
To be fair, they began in 1970.

50 years after that is 2020.

The mistake was listing 10/11 as 40th year. Canucks had 89/90, 94/95, 99/00 as 20th, 25th and 30th years. But then 10/11 as 40th.

They didn't count lockout back then. But who can blame them? It's a weird thing to count or not count.
Well, yes. The inconsistency is strange, as is the fact that the Sabres followed suit.

Of course, this is a league where the Lightning and Stars both celebrated their 25th anniversary during the 17/18 season (Tampa's 1st season was 92/93, and the Stars' 1st season in Dallas was 93/94). Little wonder hockey people don't trust advanced stats; simple arithmetic is a daunting challenge for most of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 10-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I cannot wait to celebrate the day when someone with an IQ of 40 is running the NHL and they alter the offside rule so the blueline is "3D".
Last night Scheiffle scored a beauty. But wait! His foot was 1" off the ice when they entered the zone! No goal!
"That's okay, the NHL has enough goals" - Fan Circa 2000.

What I really wish is that offsides couldn't be reviewed at all. Most times it's offside by a hair.
And what about the plays which are called dead on an incorrect offside call? Why can't those be reviewed?
IMO, you can't have it one way and not the other. Review those as well so the faceoff can be set in the offensive zone.

I think what annoys me most about this rule is that it was rushed into the league after one horribly missed offside call.
The NHL couldn't make changes fast enough on something that occurs 3x in 100 years.
But guys getting concussed every night or goalie gear that blocks out the sun can't be touched. "We can't rush to judgement".
Okay.

Last edited by Money99; 10-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #21
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Flyers start 2-0 with a 4-0 W over NJ in our home opener. Love to hold on to the shutout for Hart. You’ll be seeing one of his saves all over the highlights tomorrow.

This team is different. Vigneault seems to have instilled a whole different culture and level of accountability. Having Hart be the stud he was promised to be is the key, but if he can get these guys to play up to their potential, we could surprise people with our play. FINALLY. Long season though. Plenty of time to piss me off. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #22
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Flyers start 2-0 with a 4-0 W over NJ in our home opener. Love to hold on to the shutout for Hart. You’ll be seeing one of his saves all over the highlights tomorrow.

This team is different. Vigneault seems to have instilled a whole different culture and level of accountability. Having Hart be the stud he was promised to be is the key, but if he can get these guys to play up to their potential, we could surprise people with our play. FINALLY. Long season though. Plenty of time to piss me off. Lol
Well, let's not wait!!

Hayes as the new addition is my favorite in the early going. He just looks like he belongs in Philly.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #23
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
The Official 2019-20 Season Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, let's not wait!!

Hayes as the new addition is my favorite in the early going. He just looks like he belongs in Philly.

Hayes jumps off the screen. That dude is a monster power forward. He plays the game the way we want someone like Voracek to (Jake is a pass first, more finesse player no matter his size/skill), and I think Giroux is going to go bonkers playing alongside him.

We shelled out big money for him, but it really does have a ripple effect down the roster as it allows other talent to slot down a line and get better matchups.

Having Hart in net who the guys already trust is so big. Elliot is a good backup to have so Hart doesn’t get worn out, but he is 100% the man. I haven’t felt outright confident about our goalie since, probably Cechmanek in 2002 or so. But this kid is it man.

https://www.thescore.com/s/11964258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Mother effer, I may have to purchase the NHL.tv package.
The hockey I've seen so far looks fantastic.
The issue is, it always looks better in October than in January when teams start playing far more conservatively and refs stop calling penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »