Home

Official Spurs Thread

This is a discussion on Official Spurs Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #345
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Official Spurs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
Haha why not just watch it and make your own judgement? Just like with the City one and with Hard Knock ones from the NFL, some parts seemed very scripted but that happens when managers and teams do not want the public to see too much information.

During a Spurs podcast from the Athletic they were talking about how parts were cut out because they showed too much about tactics and other parts cut out because Poch's party did not want a lot of his ending shown. So it did turn into the Jose show but that was in large part due to Poch not wanting to be seen too much.
Yeah I thought it was pretty good even though you could tell they edited a lot of the tactical part out which is understandable. City did the same thing with Pep a few years back. It was all generic coach-speak with the occasional tactic being thrown in there.

I'm glad they didn't show much of Poch. The beginning when he was getting sacked was a little awkward but his personality would have made the series pretty boring IMO. Mou and his blunt honesty was pretty funny, especially the Danny Rose interaction and the time when he told Aurier in the pre-match meeting that he was basically a walking penalty waiting to happen lol.

They couldn't have picked a better club to follow last year given the drama and then COVID. I think I've seen them all, Dortmund/Brazil NT/City/Sunderland and I thought this one was the best. Brazil's Copa run was pretty good but the Portuguese to English translation was pretty bad.

The only person that I think who came away worse off was Levy. He seems like such a passive-aggressive coward lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #346
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Haha why not just watch it and make your own judgement?
Eh, I've heard from enough journalists now who did watch it to know that I'd be torturing myself if I were to watch it. There's certain food I don't need to try to know I won't like it, based on what I've had in the past, the appearance, the combination of flavors, etc.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #347

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
During a Spurs podcast from the Athletic they were talking about how parts were cut out because they showed too much about tactics and other parts cut out because Poch's party did not want a lot of his ending shown. So it did turn into the Jose show but that was in large part due to Poch not wanting to be seen too much.

Yeah, all of that makes sense, it's a real shame, even if the first episode had been a recap of previous year/window, struggles/cliffhanger of firing 3 act, with the second episode kicking off with the reporter reading the "Poch gets fired" headline, it would've felt better. Obviously not a tv producer, nor did I work on the show so dunno what all material they had to cut, but then again i'm just some random dude on the internet, and they seem to be doing well regardless of my criticisms.

Also, after thinking about KG's statement, I think I'd ultimately put this third, behind Sunderland/Juventus, ahead of Man City for the ones I've watched. I think the one thing that makes Sunderland stand above the rest(especially since Sunderland may be the only club I dislike at the same level as Spurs) is that there is a greater focus on how the club affects the people surrounding it. Now obviously it's a bit harder consider Spurs are one of a billion london clubs, but just a little less Jose fluff and a little more of "this bakery shop closes on matchdays because the owner has been a season ticket holder for 67 years" would've gone a long way for me, the viewer. The lack of fan interviews/non-playing staff stuff could also just be coronavirus related so obviously can't knock it too much, but I think it's a comfortable third for me. I just need to settle in and watch the Dortmund and Brazil NT ones to find out if they rank.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #348
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I thought it was pretty good even though you could tell they edited a lot of the tactical part out which is understandable. City did the same thing with Pep a few years back. It was all generic coach-speak with the occasional tactic being thrown in there.

I'm glad they didn't show much of Poch. The beginning when he was getting sacked was a little awkward but his personality would have made the series pretty boring IMO. Mou and his blunt honesty was pretty funny, especially the Danny Rose interaction and the time when he told Aurier in the pre-match meeting that he was basically a walking penalty waiting to happen lol.

They couldn't have picked a better club to follow last year given the drama and then COVID. I think I've seen them all, Dortmund/Brazil NT/City/Sunderland and I thought this one was the best. Brazil's Copa run was pretty good but the Portuguese to English translation was pretty bad.

The only person that I think who came away worse off was Levy. He seems like such a passive-aggressive coward lol.

I agree with the Levy comment, I also think Rose came off worse at least to Spurs fans. A lot of fans wanted him gone after his "google new players" comment but people seemed to forgive him for that. Then the way he acted with Jose just seemed to end it. He could have approached that conversation in a much more professional way and had a more production conversation instead of starting out right away with "whats the problem!"
Old 05-03-2021, 08:30 PM   #349
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Sounds like we will be keeping Bale next season if Bale agrees. About 250k a week totally close to 12m a year. Cheaper than buying a replacement though I have my doubts he can stay healthy a full season of actually playing.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #350
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Romano reporting that City are "preparing" a bid of 150m.

I just hope this nonsense ends soon either way.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 08-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #351
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Saw reports that Romero is hurt. Any truth to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #352
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah he got hurt in the Copa America final, he's been training, but probably won't play this weekend.

Unless Nuno is the PL version of Bill Belichick, then who knows?!

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »