Home

I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

This is a discussion on I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #233
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

Only just got the game, and so far I like all but that I can't handle in traffic.. every time I get with a couple cars I can't handle/turn that well and go up the track a bit and cause a yellow.. and this is only the duels so far.. started on the pole since I can handle without other cars around but was in 14th by the end of the first lap since they accelerate so much quicker .. but I can't get out front in the duel .. I quit and restarted the driver once already trying to figure it out. Caused 6 yellows so far in the duel.

Maybe it's supposed to be this way as a rookie driver before 'buying' upgrades from sponsorship dollars?

Did manage to end up 9th in the duel with a couple last left started to finally catch the draft and pass and stay ahead of cars. I figure that eventually I'll get this down, then it, 2k13 and NHL13.. between those and work, maybe the long Minnesota winter will go faster?

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 11-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #234
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

just went from the Pole.. to LAST in half a lap while getting spun.. this will make the Daytona 500 really.. suck

Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #235
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
just went from the Pole.. to LAST in half a lap while getting spun.. this will make the Daytona 500 really.. suck
To be honest, using a wheel makes holding the different lines (path around the track) a ton easier. Also, if you have the braking aid on, you the CPU will brake a ton when it's not needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #236
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
To be honest, using a wheel makes holding the different lines (path around the track) a ton easier. Also, if you have the braking aid on, you the CPU will brake a ton when it's not needed.
I turned the AB assist/breaking off right away since you don't exactly use breaks at Daytona.. I was spun 3 times in the first 15 laps by cars coming up to draft. Messing with steering assist to see if I can figure it out DURING the 500 rather than messing around during the whole 'season'

My driver may end up like Danica.. last place driving laps to figure stuff out

Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #237
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Really stupid that I drop 10 spots on EVERY re-start almost immediately... hope by the time I get to Talladega I have a little acceleration on restarts.

Race update.. I actually made it to 1st.. for 3 laps.. someone came from behind and spun me.. .. since then 6 more yellows since I don't accelerate .. the WORST thing is I'm playing on 100%.. 200 laps of Daytona and the stupid game doesn't account for YELLOW laps.. no way I'll be able to finish the race

Last edited by DHMN69; 11-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #238
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I had to quit that Daytona race, have to work in an hour and was ONLY at lap 60/200 because of all the yellows and lack of actual caution laps being counted it took well OVER AN HOUR for 60 laps! There must be something I missed in starting the game that eliminated caution laps counting towards race laps??

Also not liking that I keep getting wrecked from behind, that is pretty consistent with an online review of the game I read AI cars way too aggro, pushing you into others or spinning you out whenever possible.. I have enough trouble not riding up the track into another car on turns without the help!

My complaints, the previous and the lack of ANY chance on a restart (or the actual race start). If I can take the pole to start the Daytona 500, 10-20 cars shouldn't pass me on the race start before they can actually hook up and draft past me, where I would expect to be passed.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #239
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

For you guys getting run over by the AI, get used to it. That happens at every track, if you see them coming get out of the way cause they will just run you over. At Daytona and Talladega I didn't have a problem. I thought it was great the AI drafted with me great and never once came even close to spinning me.

Also for you guys wanting better restarts, make sure you upgrade your transmission. I would do that before worrying about your engine. That's what I did and it helped a lot.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #240
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Also for you guys wanting better restarts, make sure you upgrade your transmission. I would do that before worrying about your engine. That's what I did and it helped a lot.
Great tip, thank you!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »