Home

I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

This is a discussion on I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #289
All Star

OVR: 19
I tried playing with the font for the numbers but just don't like how small a lot of them are. I keep #12 since thats my # on career and like to keep it the same in single races.

Glad y'all like them...here are a couple more...

Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #290
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

Wow, more great schemes!

To make the numbers, you can either apply them directly as text or make them into brushes/custom decals.

For example, the 24 car is text, font 8. Then you skew the numbers to the right a bit, and make some black numbers underneath for the shadow. You can also scale the numbers up to the size you need for the doors and the larger number(s) on the roof.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #291
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Just can't find a happy median with this game. With the AI on medium I was getting tons of poles and regularly finishing in the top 10, but on hard I don't qualify as well and am getting pretty much destroyed in races. I can hang for the first couple laps but then my tires seem to go away super fast and my rear wheels start sliding all over the place and the AI cars start rocketing past me. Are the AI cars even affected by tire wear?

I race on hard and that is getting to easy for me, I'm gonna move it up to champion. The AI cars are affected by tire wear. If you are using up your tires that fast, then you need to adjust your racing style. I use 3x wear and by the end of the run I am by far the fastest car on the track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #292
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The only thing I can suggest is trying the game with the A.I. on a easier setting. I ran a few races with them on Hard and got killed. I put them on medium and I'm having some great races.
Problem there though, I started a career on Medium, I took every pole, and won 28 races. That was no fun at all. Never received a primary sponsor either on my Dodge... which I thought was weird. Strangely enough though, Vegas, even on medium was still a race I didn't win. lol

So, I restarted my career, on hard, 11 races in, I have 4 poles, 7 wins, and 8 top 10's.

I've got an issue with the sponsors too... as I said earlier, no new primary in my first career with those kind of stats, so I restarted on hard, driving a Chevy this time, and with the stats I just posted above, I got told I was about to get Dupont as my primary if I qualified in the top 10 two more times... I took a pole, then a 4th in the next races qualifying, and I won both races, but still no sponsor upgrade? Kind of strange... Not sure what's going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
The only thing messed up is trackbar and wedge, stay away from those and you can adjust your setups. Also changing the gearing will make a difference getting off the corners. When you run a single race it is totally different then career. I'm glad it's harder on career.
Excellent. Glad to know for sure what to avoid in setups. Also, glad it's not just my mind playing tricks on me that the racing and difficulty is harder in career, than in single race mode. At first I thought I was going crazy.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #293
All Star

sKiTtLeS!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #294
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome cars man!! They all look great! I really wish they had a car sharing feature similar to EA's locker.

Last year I struggled with the paint booth, but this year I've made some nice cars. I dont create any of my own logos, I'm not good enough for that, and I dont really have the time either unfortunately. However, using the stock logos that shipped with the game, I've made some pretty nice cars IMO. I'll have to find a way to get a picture of them up here.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #295
All Star

Yea, I struggled at first with the Paint Booth also. My first cars were very plain and basic, but once I learned some tricks with mirroring, making brushes, etc I started making better looking cars. I also wish there was a way to share these online, even if it was just to share created brushes. This time of year I get a lot of vacation time from work to keep from losing it at the end of the year, so this fills my time .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #296
All Star

When life gives you lemons...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »