Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

I'm an offline only gamer and prior to the patch, I couldn't do much with it because I was bouncing all over the place with my csr wheel--I couldn't hold a line to save my life. After the patch, I've been able to dial in some settings and gave it a go (the patch supposedly made some wheel improvements, so I'm not sure if that was it, or maybe I just found settings that were right for me).

Anyway, post-patch this game isn't bad. I can actually bump-draft (both as the pusher and pushee) without spinning, the AI pit on different laps, etc. I know some people still have some issues, but as an offlline-only gamer, I think this is much better (now) than Nascar 09. Seems fairly solid now, at least to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #82
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I'm an offline only gamer and prior to the patch, I couldn't do much with it because I was bouncing all over the place with my csr wheel--I couldn't hold a line to save my life. After the patch, I've been able to dial in some settings and gave it a go (the patch supposedly made some wheel improvements, so I'm not sure if that was it, or maybe I just found settings that were right for me).

Anyway, post-patch this game isn't bad. I can actually bump-draft (both as the pusher and pushee) without spinning, the AI pit on different laps, etc. I know some people still have some issues, but as an offlline-only gamer, I think this is much better (now) than Nascar 09. Seems fairly solid now, at least to me.
I have to agree for the most part. I've still seen a few things that could use some tuning for my liking. I'd like the AI to be a bit more aware of where I am. Sometimes if we're running different lines and im underneath them but slightly ahead, they just slam right into me and turn me around. Sometimes coming off the turn when you're outside a car, they just slam you into the wall. It's as if they pretend you arent there, when any common sense driver would be getting screamed at by their spotter that Im to their outside, yet its like im completely invisible to them. That... annoys me.

I havent had a chance to run a longer race yet to see any of the crazy pitting stuff that some people say is going on, I hope I'll get to very soon. So far, in 20 lap races or so, with just regular 1x wear, I havent seen anything too funky at all.

The sight of that pic on the last page of the new car... looks sweet! Cant wait for that DLC
Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #83
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

So, what's the deal with the PS3 patch? Is it going to be released on not?

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
So, what's the deal with the PS3 patch? Is it going to be released on not?
From what I read it should be completed next week.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #85
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

http://forums.nascarthegame.com/thre...ne-Updated-2-6

PS3 patch has been sent off to Activision if they approve it then it will go to Sony.

360 will get a new patch with the following fixes:

Rolling starts improved
Lobby reliability and connectivity improved
If someone is kicked from the lobby due to their connection, multiple people would be kicked instead of just that player
Further improvements to people being kicked under caution
Additional caution lap caused by the the host spamming the pit / don't pit button
Several crashes and freezes

Additional Offline Fixes:

A.I. pitting every 7/8 laps on certain tracks
Deleting multiple set ups after changing tracks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #86
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
http://forums.nascarthegame.com/thre...ne-Updated-2-6

PS3 patch has been sent off to Activision if they approve it then it will go to Sony.

360 will get a new patch with the following fixes:

Rolling starts improved
Lobby reliability and connectivity improved
If someone is kicked from the lobby due to their connection, multiple people would be kicked instead of just that player
Further improvements to people being kicked under caution
Additional caution lap caused by the the host spamming the pit / don't pit button
Several crashes and freezes

Additional Offline Fixes:

A.I. pitting every 7/8 laps on certain tracks
Deleting multiple set ups after changing tracks
Cool, nice to see the 360 is getting an additional patch. Especially for rolling starts. I can't stand it sometimes. I had a terrible qualifying run the other night, qualified 22nd, but by the time we hit the start finish line and I got control of my car I was arleady down to 25th or so. Crazy.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #87
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Will PS3 patch include the new fixes?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #88
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Will PS3 patch include the new fixes?
Yes it will, that is why they are issuing a new patch for the 360 version to match what the PS3 will be getting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »