Home

F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages

This is a discussion on F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2021, 05:30 PM   #17
Rookie

southernrun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages

Great review. The cars feel great and visually looks very nice on PS4. Looking forward to career mode and jumping into Breaking point soon. Spent day time on some time trials and a very offline races to get a feel. Pleased to move to this version.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #18
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages

How do you console racers use voice commands when using wheel? I have a Fanatec CSL Elite with P1 rim hooked up to my Xbox. And then have my headset hooked up to a wireless controller. So both the wheel and controller are on and work at the same time.

That works fine for audio. But it doesn’t work for voice commands. It acts like I have no mic hooked up. My headset is a Corsair Pc/Xbox/Ps4 headset.

I’m wondering if it’s issue with my headset and game not likely each other.

EDIT: I guess after doing more research, voice commands has never been a thing on Xbox? Just literally every other version? Lol

Had a PS4 and then been on PC last year, voice commands worked fine on all of those. But PC is severely dated and lucked into a Series S. So figured I’d go that version this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jeffrey99; 07-14-2021 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #19
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

@brandon27.
Great review, braking point is not for me either.... while there do seem to be improvements I'm gonna take a pass this year and stick with 20...cheers
Old 07-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #20
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Cons:
- voice controls - They are still non-existant on the Xbox platform. Why? Who knows... in the past they blamed Microsoft/kinect. That's long gone now really, and with the Series X version it should be a non-issue since kinect was never part of that system yet here we are on Xbox as the only platform that still cant speak voice commands into their headset to interact with the pit crew/game. As a pad player for me; that's beyond frustrating.
As someone who played 18 on PS4 and 19 on PC, this shocked me. My PC is on its last legs for gaming so picked up a Series S. The game looks better then it would on my PC but the no voice control is utterly annoying. I assumed it was a problem with my headset, was shocked to learn to actually not in the Xbox versions.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else misses in game commentary? Older formula 1 games used to have this, shame it’s not there anymore*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2021, 04:44 PM   #22
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
As someone who played 18 on PS4 and 19 on PC, this shocked me. My PC is on its last legs for gaming so picked up a Series S. The game looks better then it would on my PC but the no voice control is utterly annoying. I assumed it was a problem with my headset, was shocked to learn to actually not in the Xbox versions.

In the past on the Xbox One the problem was kinect. That was your method for voice controls. So Codies always said it was an MS issue preventing them from implementing it. With the Series X though; that shouldn't be the case because kinect doesn't exist anymore, it works for other games, so it's no longer a MS problem. It's a Codies problem. Maybe it has something to do with the game being cross platform between the old XB1 and the new Series. Not sure, but either way as a pad player its beyond frustrating. Codies has been silent on the matter on their forums though. Same with the reduction in save slots. Along with some of the other issues popping up.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:38 PM   #23
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Got it today, haven't noticed anything different from the last three that I bought. Steering calibration is still just a painful feeling for me. Thought maybe switching from a G29 to a TS-XW would maybe help, but still not responsive enough, and I should have to reduce the wheel degrees out of game to get it to work. But, it will provide me some entertainment, just never blown away by these games on PC.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:41 AM   #24
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
In the past on the Xbox One the problem was kinect. That was your method for voice controls. So Codies always said it was an MS issue preventing them from implementing it. With the Series X though; that shouldn't be the case because kinect doesn't exist anymore, it works for other games, so it's no longer a MS problem. It's a Codies problem. Maybe it has something to do with the game being cross platform between the old XB1 and the new Series. Not sure, but either way as a pad player its beyond frustrating. Codies has been silent on the matter on their forums though. Same with the reduction in save slots. Along with some of the other issues popping up.
It makes trying to do any radio commands pretty useless on a wheel. I just don't have the ability to look at bottom right, plus tab through pages, then select what I want. Would be nice if they at least pause and then select what page/radio command you'd like when it unpauses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »