Home

Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Season 4 Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim9798
yes i did. i felt disrespected. i felt i stopped you 3 straight plays and forced you to a FG attempt. It was opening drive, you had no idea if i could even move the ball against you, hell it was the first user game i had in this league. Commish sets the tone for the league IMO. However i put it behind and went on to play a game that could have gone either way....just wish i had a better defense. lots of missed tackles.
Wow....disrespected? I'm glad you've put it behind you man because I've had people make the same type of decision against me and its never bothered me at all. You're right, I've never played you and I don't know if you can move the ball and that was in me head also. Did I want to miss the same stupid kick from the left hash like I've done before? Or do I take a chance and try and punch it in? I took a chance and it had nothing to do with disrespecting you.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Think I did that against you in the last game. I think its a good call. had he been at mid field or something then probably should punt. Name of the game is scoring. As long as its not to rub your face in it. I would have went for it too. Remember that if he does not make it he gets no points.

As for better Defense. I got him to 3rd down the entire game, and could never get off the field, so yea my linebackers in this case are too young and not very good right now. Man if I could have gotten off the field a few times, it may had been different for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey guys, I am going to be out of town for the holidays, and I'm leaving straight from work this afternoon. I will not be able to get my game in until either Tues/Wed depending on when we get back.

Would you guys be okay with waiting, or would you rather plug on without me? I know we have a break coming up, so I wasn't sure how badly we wanted to get 1 more week in before Christmas. I can set to auto though if the group decides to keep moving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4
I don't know that's awful short notice. Not to mention we already have a 5 day break upcoming. just my opinion and of course whatever the group decides I'm okay with.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

OVR: 2

We just advanced last night... Not sure how that's short notice. Plus, we are already ahead of our holiday schedule, so the timing is off.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
Think I did that against you in the last game. I think its a good call. had he been at mid field or something then probably should punt. Name of the game is scoring. As long as its not to rub your face in it. I would have went for it too. Remember that if he does not make it he gets no points.

As for better Defense. I got him to 3rd down the entire game, and could never get off the field, so yea my linebackers in this case are too young and not very good right now. Man if I could have gotten off the field a few times, it may had been different for me.
You did do that too me and I didn't even think twice about it. In fact, when you called a play I was determined to stop you and even though I didn't it didn't bother me. I think if someone went for it on forth down outside the 10 it would be a little different, but on the 2 you gotta expect someone to give it shot now and then.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 12-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #15
Rookie

Tim9798's Arena

OVR: 3

let me rephrase this. did i feel disrespected by you going for it after i stopped you 3 times in goal line situations? YES! every defense is gonna feel that way and frankly should. I think if it happened later in the game, i wouldnt have an issue so much with it.

Is it also my responsibility to stop that play? YES!! I picked run, you went pass...you got me on short pass. This game isnt perfect and its also an emotional game. I am sure there are things I do that are gonna tick someone off, its hard to play the game perfectly, to not piss anyone off, and still get wins.

Bottom line this game wasnt decided then. it was decided when my team got it inside the 20 with under 2 mins, down 7. I couldnt get it done when i needed to. I went with it on 4th down bc i needed the td, and you sacked my qb. end of story, end of game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
MVP

No worries Tim. I thought it was a really good game and I thought we both played good sim ball. I understand that you were disappointed to give up a touchdown after stopping me on the goal line, but you do have 4 downs to work with and in that situation with no score in the game and on my first drive I really felt like coming away with 7 was important.

That decision wasn't about you, it was about football thats all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »