Home

2024 Conference Championship Week

This is a discussion on 2024 Conference Championship Week within the Rags To Riches forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #17
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2024 Conference Championship Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Texas State dominated ODU in the second half and pulls away to take their 2nd (3rd?) straight Sun Belt title.

Jim Gardner again displays his inner Peyton Manning and continues to throw away postseason/clutch games like a baby's bottle. This time I think he had a grand total of 4 picks to do in the Monarchs. Though statistically he is the best QB in school history, his legacy will be tarnished because of his very poor performances in big games all throughout his career.

A.J. Archer had a helluva game, running all over a battered ODU D-line, who was missing arguably their top two defenders in All-American DT Patrick Scott (gametime scratch) and DE Jakari Hardy to injury. Bobcat QB Davis probably didn't need to throw a pass for Texas State to win.

If we had those two guys healthy, it would've been a lot different I'm sure, but at least I know we need to get some better depth on the line in the future.

Props to him, he knew exactly where to plan his offense and it paid off, and just made more tackles. We'll be back (maybe with some healthy linemen), you definitely made us look like trash today, the score was only close because of Lee's 2 big returns. Consider 2021 revenge served.

Will be interesting to see who faces North Texas in the title game, if this game convinces the voters to jump Tex. State over UTSA....
I hope VA Tech loses because that will make it easier.....hopefully.

Yeah once I realized that I could run the ball, I knew that I needed to stick with that.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

I think If ODU would have won, they would have a very good case to be #2. Win over #6 Buffalo(who was 2 at time of game) win over Southern Miss, and a top 5 Texas State.

But being that didn't happen.
#5 Texas State's big win is over #2 UTSA, #3 ODU. There team has been very hot, but I'm not sure if pollsters like their strength of schedule. Texas State is likely to move to a stronger conference next season. Not sure if they will leap high enough.

#2 UTSA has wins over #19 UCLA, #8 Washington. Close losses to #5 Texas State and #7 Mid Tenn State could have really hurt them in the polls in most seasons.

#4 Virginia Tech has wins over #11 NC, 14 Georgia Tech, 18 West Virginia. Losses to 16 Pitt and a bad 31-10 loss to North Texas. not sure how their game vs #22 Clemson will turn out. They have beaten a number of top 25 teams, but I don't think they can win on the big stage.

#6 Buffalo won't make it because of close losses to #2 UTSA and #3 ODU. They have played a good season and will be bounce back next season.

I think it is going to be UTSA because they are in the PAC 12, but I think Texas State should go being they beat 2 top 5 teams and one of them was UTSA. I would rather not beat Virgina Tech again, my offense is playing a lot better than early in the season.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 11-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

So just to clarify if I want to switch conferences I have to be in the pre season top 25?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »