Home

ACQB Power Rankings

This is a discussion on ACQB Power Rankings within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #57
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ACQB Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
My girlfriend is looking for a teaching job and wants to teach Kindergarten. Her patience is impeccable. I'm the complete opposite in that regard and seeing how she acts helps settle me down. I kick the rage up too many notches a bit too easy sometimes. I can't be that way around her so it's a good reminder.
It is definitely a good quality.

I'm in first grade right now, but really want to teach at the high school level. I decided on a degree in elementary because it is easier for a male to find a job in K-5. There are so many students in broken home nowadays, that schools want male role models for the kids.

Hope your girlfriend finds a job. It is tough in certain areas. I've told everyone that I will take what they offer, whether it be Kindergarten or fifth grade - I have no preference that first year.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #58
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

looks like denver moving up.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #59
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

bump
Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 55

Tough power ranking decisions will be made on Sunday.

Look for more matchup talk about each team's last 3 games of the season going into the playoffs. I'm sure I'll find some gems while looking over the future games.

I'll do one last power rankings once the season ends to wrap it up. That one will probably talk more overall statistics and where teams statistical strengths/weaknesses are at.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #61
MVP

Power Rankings

As of 2/6/10 (14 weeks in)

……………………………………………

1. Detroit Lions (13-0) wEEman Last: 1

This team has never left the top slot all season. Quite impressive! Detroit’s only injury so far is their replaceable HB Devin Moore. Coach wEEman looks really primed for a repeat at this point. The Lions just finished a big statement win against a top NFC contender in Dallas – they won 27-20. Their remaining schedule is tough: vs. Packers (9-4), vs. Patriots (7-5), vs. Panthers (10-3). The Lions have to play their best ball if they want that elusive undefeated regular season record. Nonetheless, it’s very impressive to get to this point.

2. Denver Broncos (11-2) Wildcatfan Last: 3

The Broncos are trying to re-balance the fastest offense in the league more towards running. This is smart because they have the most explosive HB in ACQB. Last week they squeaked by a very solid Seahawks team 6-3 in a bad weather game. That game might have exposed a weakness for both of those squads seeing that they couldn’t manage to score a single touchdown. Denver’s final games are: vs. Chargers (5-8), vs. Jaguars (10-3), vs. Raiders (2-11). They have a good shot at the AFC’s #1 seed.

3. Atlanta Falcons (10-3) BadVibes Last: 5

Coach BadVibes is soaring up the power rankings after putting together one difficult win after another. He’s averaging 32 points per game and has a +13 turnover ratio. LeRon James has to easily be the steal of the ACQB Season 1 draft. He is just unstoppable. The Falcons have showed weakness on the defensive side of the ball, and much like the NFL’s Saints, ACQB’s Falcons D relies on turnovers to get the job done. The Falcon’s final 3 are: vs Browns (0-13), vs. Buccaneers (4-9), vs. Rams (8-5). The final game could help decide the NFC West for St. Louis.

4. Carolina Panthers (10-3) TeamBayern Last: 4

Coach Bayern lost a heartbreaker to the Falcons last week in the final minute. The Panthers went for 2 and came up empty. This squad is missing their most explosive offensive weapon, and once DeAngelo Williams returns, this Panther offense changes for the better. The most important games of the year are just coming up, so Carolina still has a chance to redeem themselves in the playoffs. Their final games are: vs. Buccaneers (4-9), vs. Saints (5-8), vs. Lions (13-0).

5. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3) CreatineKasey Last: 6

The Steelers were coming off a hard fought shootout to New Orleans right at the last Power Rankings update. Since then, they’ve surrendered 3 points in 2 games and really buckled down. The great defensive run has to be attributed to smart player positioning, better user D, and just going back to what Pittsburgh does best when they need it the most: zone blitz. The Steelers are currently atop the AFC North, but will probably need to win out if they want the crown. Their final 3 games are: vs. Bengals (6-7), vs. Browns (0-13), vs. Jets (7-6).

6. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-3) Danny Last: 2

The reason Jacksonville falls 4 spots is not only because of the week 13 loss, but because of how they lost and what it told us. They played DCMC’s high powered Eagles and got rolled. Maybe Jacksonville’s power running and physical, big hit defense doesn’t match up well against speed. From what it appears, DCMC took the perfect strategy in countering a power run team: get ahead early. The blueprint for success against this squad in the playoffs may be out. If the Jags score first, the table may completely turn as they can start calling their game. We may get to see a playoff preview week 16. Jacksonville will need to find a way to slow Denver down. The final 3 Jaguar games: vs. Titans (2-11), vs. Broncos (11-2), vs. Redskins (9-4). Jacksonville will need to play their best ball if they want the 2 seed. Pittsburgh is undefeated in the conference and has the same record as the Jags.

7. Dallas Cowboys (9-4) WellWell Last: 8

Dallas has also gone 1-1 since the last Power Rankings update. They won a 1 point thriller against Green Bay, and lost a close one to the league’s best Detroit. This team is very good and proved with their solid outing against the Lions that they can beat anyone in the NFC. Their final 3 games: vs. Texans (4-9), vs. Giants (1-12), vs. Eagles (7-6). The Redskins are right on their tail. The Cowboys risk losing their division crown if they drop any of those 3 winnable games.

8. Green Bay Packers (9-4) FreeMason Last: 9

Despite dropping a game in week 13, the Packers still move up the rankings. They lost a last minute game to a very good Cowboys squad by 1 point. This team is really coming together as the year wears on. They’ve been 6-1 since week 7. We’ll figure out where this team fits by the end of the season. Their final 3 games are rigorous: vs. Lions (13-0), vs. Bears (8-5), vs. Patriots (7-5). As of now, this team looks like they hold the final wildcard spot, but will need to probably win out to get it.

9. Washington Redskins (9-4) BasiliskBaby Last: NR

The Redskins are on the cusp of playoff contention and look like a very solid squad. They’ve won 4 straight and appear to really be hitting their stride when it matters most here late in the season. Basiilsks user skill keeps him in every game, and because of that nobody wants to see these guys if they get into the playoffs. Their final 3 games are: vs. Eagles (7-6), vs. Colts (4-8), vs. Jaguars (10-3). They may have to go through a tough Jacksonville squad to get into the playoffs week 17.

10. Kansas City Chiefs (9-4) KingofVA Last: NR

Coach KingofVA earns the final Power Rankings slot with some convincing wins over division opponents Denver and Oakland. Currently Kansas City holds the final wildcard slot in the AFC. Jack English is really coming into his own late in the season. Just last game he threw for nearly 500 yards and 6 touchdown passes against a very fast Raider defense. The Chiefs are currently on a 4 game win streak and hope to ride that momentum out to the playoffs. Their final 3 games: vs. Cardinals (8-5), vs. Titans (2-11), vs. Chargers (5-8).

Enjoy!

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 02-06-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #62
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Damn good job, Creatine. These are always enjoyable to read. GreenBay has a rough road if they want to make it to the playoffs. Washington and KC deserved to get in there.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Damn good job, Creatine. These are always enjoyable to read. GreenBay has a rough road if they want to make it to the playoffs. Washington and KC deserved to get in there.
Thanks! Looking at the schedules really puts things into perspective. Teams like Green Bay and Jacksonville have tough roads ahead of them. The Jags will have to probably win out if they want that 2 seed and much coveted bye week.

I'm definitely doing some kind of playoff preview once that rolls around too. Maybe we can even split it up or something and try to make them in depth.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Great read, Kasey!

The stretch run should be interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »