Home

Free agency rules

This is a discussion on Free agency rules within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Free agency rules

Ok guys I know that free agency is at least a week away but thought it would be best to get everything out in the open so that there are no surprises once it starts

1. no one that is not listed on the free agency bidding sheet may be bid on. NO EXCEPTIONS!! if there is anyone that you think you may wanna bid on pm me the player, and I will add him to the sheet

2. All bids are binding, no bidding and then going oops, I don't need this player. once you put a bid in the spreadsheet you are obligated to that bid, if any player is found removing his(or someone else's bid) that player will have no FA rights(subject to approval by Trojan)

3.Free Agency will run approximately 72 hours, and will be opened at the conclusion of the super bowl, and will close at 9pm on the appointed night. all bids at that time will be locked, unless there has been a bid within the last hour then it will remain open for one hour until it goes one hour without any bids, now with this please don't wait until 8:58 and start making bids on 22 different players because that will stretch this process out way longer than it should.

4.On the sheet just put your team name and the bid, and if you are rebidding just go on cell to the right and place your bid, do not erase a bid to input yours, during the process I will do some cleaning and putting the leading bid in the first cell, but do not remove another bid, even if you are the leading bidder.

5.All bids must be increased by 20 from the previous bid any bid which does not will not be honored.

6. At the conclusion of the Free agency period it is imperative that you add the free agents that you have won to your sheet, and this is the last chance you will have to do any early terminations to your team. at this point your roster should be all but ready for next season, with the exception of the rookies you are going to draft.

Feel free to add any rules that you feel would make the process easier for us.

Last edited by TWOSILK; 02-20-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Free agency rules

When's the SB, and thus FA, going to be? Need to schedule the draft.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
When's the SB, and thus FA, going to be? Need to schedule the draft.
that is going to be up to you people in the playoffs I would think the super bowl should be played by next weekend, and then we can start free agency from Sunday-Wednesday/Thursday, and have the draft sometime that weekend.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 14

So let me get this straight. Silk we have to PM you the bid and you put it up? If so, how will this work at times you are offline and the hour deadline may be approaching?

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Old 02-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca_G
So let me get this straight. Silk we have to PM you the bid and you put it up? If so, how will this work at times you are offline and the hour deadline may be approaching?
no, we just bid on the sheet. You PM silk if there's a player in-game in free agency that you want that isn't listed on the sheet.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

exactly, all this should be done BEFORE we begin bidding, no players will be added after free agency begins
Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
no, we just bid on the sheet. You PM silk if there's a player in-game in free agency that you want that isn't listed on the sheet.
Got it...thanks fellas. So I guess someone will be looking at the sheet periodically to see which players have not been bidded on in a certain amount of time?

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Old 02-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Well bidding will close at a certain time. I think when people bid they may put a time after the number so we know when the bid happened. This would only really apply on the final day to know how much longer we have to wait after the last bid.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »