Home

ACQB Super's Selections: Week 10

This is a discussion on ACQB Super's Selections: Week 10 within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
ACQB Super's Selections: Week 10

It's been a while since i've done these write ups; stats will factor more into my picks but some will still be made on gut instinct, so enjoy!

Ravens @ Steelers

The first match up between these teams earlier this season resulted in the first tie in the league's history. The Steelers haven't played up to my and their own expectations with a 3-3-1 start; they'll have to start winning to make it to the playoffs. The Raven's chances of making it back to the Super Bowl took a big hit with Flacco going down for the rest of the season along with a sim loss to the Chiefs. I don't think that Josh Johnson can get it done against the Steelers defense so Pittsburgh should win.

Seahawks @ Jets

Key additions in the off-season have helped the Seahawks improve from their disappointing season last year and have jumped out to a 7-1 start. The Jets are no slouch however, with a good defense and Mark Sanchez at quarterback. I'm picking my Seahawks cause they have scored more points than any other team so far this season and cause more turnovers than the Jets.

Vikings @ 49ers

Karma has come back around to help the 49ers who have lost some many close games in past seasons with a 5-2 start. Nate Davis and Frank Gore make for a good combination and the defense has held its own. The Vikings play hard, but haven't won as many games as they should be. They still have a chance to turn it around and claim the weak NFC North Division IMO. Antiono Bryant has it worse than any other player in the league; four different teams, no one likes him, etc. Anyway, i have to go with the 49ers in this one.

Panthers @ Chiefs

This is the game of the week and can possibly be the match up in this season's Super Bowl. The Panthers are the only undefeated team left in the league and it's no surprise when you have Kelly James, DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith, Calvin and Andre Johnson on your offense. The Chiefs are defending their championship well with a 7-1 start. Both offenses should be able to light up the scoreboards, but i have a feeling that LE Lawerence Cross will make some plays that tilt this contest to the Chiefs' favor.

Redskins @ Saints

This game is going to be very interesting; great defense vs great offense. IMO, Baslisk Baby is the best player in this league and has a lot of skill in using his defensive players. On the other side of the coin, the Saints score points without breaking a sweat but the defense is one of the worst in the league; they need to improve in order to help the Saints win more games. Even if the Saints D plays well, it won't matter cause i don't see the Saints scoring 30 points on the Skins defense, giving Washington the win.

Cardinals @ Bears

The loss of Larry Fitzgerald and the retirement of their owner Doc has really derailed the Cardinals attack and has prevented them from winning a game yet so far this season. Bridgkid plays well but needs to pull out some victories. The Bears have had some tough losses but if they can make the playoffs after starting 0-4 in season 2, they can turn this season around. This turn around will start this week with the Bears crushing the Cardinals.

Bills @ Broncos

The Bills offense has given their fans flashbacks to the K-Gun days of the 90's. A sim loss has stopped them from taking the outright lead in the division, but a win will put them one step closer to making the playoffs. The Broncos have started out 5-2, but i don't think they can compete with the elite teams. This will be a very close game, but i'll go with Buffalo cause they have scored more points and forced more turnovers than Denver has.

Rams @ Packers

The Rams got off to a hot start at 3-0 but with the introduction of their new owner, Blackdiamond, has fallen back to the middle of the pack. A win in this game plus and possible win over the 49ers in their Week 9 game that is yet to be played can keep them in the hunt for the playoffs. I don't think the Rams will be able to keep up with the Seahawks and 49ers. I think that trading away Aaron Rodgers is a big mistake, but the Packers have played well enough with Trent Edwards at QB to stay in the thick of things in the race for the NFC North Division crown. Green Bay will take this one cause they have allowed fewer points and have a better turnover ratio than St. Louis.

Colts @ Texans

If spectator mode was in Madden 2010, i would watch this one. Based on stats alone, the Colts should blow out the Texans because their defensive stats and turnover ratio is far superior in comparison to the Texans. However, Andro has a score to settle for the sim loss to the Colts and will get the win this time with an upset victory.

Buccaneers @ Cowboys

This is a game that Dallas has to win in order to make some noise in the NFC. They're playing okay with a record of 5-3, but they'll need more wins in order to keep the edge over division rival Washington. The Bucs can play spoiler in this one but i don't think that will happen with the Cowboys dominating in the important statistical categories over the Bucs (turnover ratio, win loss record, offensive and defensive points per game).

Falcons @ Chargers

Neither of these teams have aspirations of making the playoffs, so they'll be playing for pride in this one. Both teams have good quarterbacks, but the Falcons have Larry Fitzgerald which in addition with better team stats than San Diego, will put Atlanta over the top in this game.

Bengals @ Raiders

I never thought that the Raiders would be a good team but Mattray has proved me wrong with a 6-2 start. The Bengals are in the playoff hunt but i'm not impressed with their team despite having star players like Aaron Rodgers, MJD and Patrick Willis. The Raiders have the edge in all of the stats that i think are important which were listed earlier so the Raiders will win and keep up with the Super Bowl Champion Chiefs.

Titans @ Dolphins

The new Titans owner has played well so far and is proving to be a welcomed addition to the league but hasn't won a game yet; he'll get one in at some point this season though. The Dolphins are tied with the Bills for the division lead and a win this week will put pressure back on Buffalo. LaRon James has had a MVP type season with over 1200 rushing yards, 25 receptions and 15 total touchdowns at the halfway point in this season. The Dolphins will ride James all the way the victory in this game.

Giants @ Browns

BigfnJoe and Sparkii represent what this league is all about the best: friendly competition, playing hard, and staying in the league no matter how many wins you have (or not have). Adrian Peterson will keep the Browns in the game but the stats point to the Giants getting a hard fought win this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ACQB Super's Selections: Week 10

Super write up!!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Basilisk Baby's Arena

OVR: 12

Love the love
Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

These are great, Super; glad to see them back!

Ask BB about Fitzgerald--he had 3 drops in our game! Worthless bum.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Good write up Super.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Great work! You really turned around those Seahawks!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Good job on the write up man.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Good write up. I cant wait to see how our game plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »