Home

ACQB M11 Cabinet Selection and Committee Rulings

This is a discussion on ACQB M11 Cabinet Selection and Committee Rulings within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: ACQB M11 Cabinet Selection and Committee Rulings

FYI - That juke glitch is from using the L-stick and jabbing it horizontally back and forth constantly until you make a juke with the R stick at the end of it. The guy in the video is abusing the feature (obviously) but the intention isn't glitchy if used right (IMO). It's built in to both NCAA and Madden to be able to "break down" and shimmy in front of a player to shake a defender.

I always thought you meant by zig zagging as to when people just run across the field and make a bunch of zig-zaggy cuts that are a couple steps apiece.

Did anyone actually see someone try to shimmy all the way down the field at any point? LOL! I'd crack up so hard if someone did that to me.

The juke in the video had nothing to do with the R-stick to my knowledge. R-stick jukes are bigger and slower overall.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
FYI - That juke glitch is from using the L-stick and jabbing it horizontally back and forth constantly until you make a juke with the R stick at the end of it. The guy in the video is abusing the feature (obviously) but the intention isn't glitchy if used right (IMO). It's built in to both NCAA and Madden to be able to "break down" and shimmy in front of a player to shake a defender.

I always thought you meant by zig zagging as to when people just run across the field and make a bunch of zig-zaggy cuts that are a couple steps apiece.

Did anyone actually see someone try to shimmy all the way down the field at any point? LOL! I'd crack up so hard if someone did that to me.

The juke in the video had nothing to do with the R-stick to my knowledge. R-stick jukes are bigger and slower overall.
Yeah, I actually want to put the kibosh on those l-stick in and out weaving garbage that abuses the locomotion for defenders. We all know that when a guy is in the open field you can just go in and out and in and out with no loss of speed and score.

We also know that when a guy is trailing you you can weave in and out and keep him from getting you in a very lame way.

I'm telling us all to have more character than that and just not do that stuff in the open field.

I want us to use the r-stick in the open field or a regular move, not to cut in and out in such a way that it's unrealistic because you don't lose any speed while the defender does.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #59
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Read and agreed.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #60
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, I actually want to put the kibosh on those l-stick in and out weaving garbage that abuses the locomotion for defenders. We all know that when a guy is in the open field you can just go in and out and in and out with no loss of speed and score.

We also know that when a guy is trailing you you can weave in and out and keep him from getting you in a very lame way.

I'm telling us all to have more character than that and just not do that stuff in the open field.

I want us to use the r-stick in the open field or a regular move, not to cut in and out in such a way that it's unrealistic because you don't lose any speed while the defender does.
So in other words..."What you see on Sunday": One stutter step is fine, 10 yards of stutter stepping is glitchy.

RIP J.J.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
So in other words..."What you see on Sunday": One stutter step is fine, 10 yards of stutter stepping is glitchy.
Well, yes.

Another thing you don't see on Sunday is runners sprinting right then left then right then left at acute angles to a defender in front of them or runners swerving left and right at acute angles to a guy pursuing them that they can't see.

That mess abuses locomotion and is a violation. Our owners need to have high enough character not to need to get their yards in that fashion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #62
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Well, yes.

Another thing you don't see on Sunday is runners sprinting right then left then right then left at acute angles to a defender in front of them or runners swerving left and right at acute angles to a guy pursuing them that they can't see.

That mess abuses locomotion and is a violation. Our owners need to have high enough character not to need to get their yards in that fashion.
What I have seen on Sunday, though, is runners like Reggie Bush make a couple of in-and-out cuts to the point that the defender is completely turned around, not knowing which direction to go.

I think, like anything, if this is done in moderation, it should be fine. None of us are going to let our runners be taken down if we have the chance to make them miss. We just have to keep it as realistic as possible.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatFan09
What I have seen on Sunday, though, is runners like Reggie Bush make a couple of in-and-out cuts to the point that the defender is completely turned around, not knowing which direction to go.

I think, like anything, if this is done in moderation, it should be fine. None of us are going to let our runners be taken down if we have the chance to make them miss. We just have to keep it as realistic as possible.
Nope.

Defensive locomotion is effed up. It's not realistic to make those crazy moves with the L-stick knowing that the defense is penalized far more than the offense. At that point, we're dealing with the video game, not real life, and in the video game, that stuff is abusive.

I absolutely expect our owners to have the integrity not to do this and to simply follow the rule I set forth: in the open field, use the stiff arm, spin, truck, or a right stick move, but do not weave back and forth with the L-Stick.

That is clear, fair, and non-negotiable.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #64
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Nope.

Defensive locomotion is effed up. It's not realistic to make those crazy moves with the L-stick knowing that the defense is penalized far more than the offense. At that point, we're dealing with the video game, not real life, and in the video game, that stuff is abusive.

I absolutely expect our owners to have the integrity not to do this and to simply follow the rule I set forth: in the open field, use the stiff arm, spin, truck, or a right stick move, but do not weave back and forth with the L-Stick.

That is clear, fair, and non-negotiable.
That's cool with me. I was just pointing out that certain players do this in the NFL. I agree with your point, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »