Home

Making Our Lg More sim

This is a discussion on Making Our Lg More sim within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Making Our Lg More sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
Now if you want to vote on something how about banning dline use altogether, because that seems kind of cheap this year where you can send three and use a spin/swim move, I know this will never pass, but you have to admit it can be really easy to get pressure that way.

Terrible. I know I've heard from others that they don't like when DL is controlled by user but trust me, I use DL often, very often, and I don't get sacks or pressure or anything. Last season my DL was probly ranked near the bottom in sacks. I use DL usually so I don't mess up with a LB or Safety as DL is a safe player to use and rush. If there is some user control technique that I can use to get better pressure on the opposing QB let me know cause I'm weak with the DL. My last game against Shizz, I tried out using the LB more since I see others doing so good with the manual controlled LB and boom, my DT BJ Raji gets 4 sacks while I'm not user controlling him.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm leaning towards not starting on the D-line, but being able to switch after the ball is snapped. Cuts down on the super swim animation. Not in stone yet.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
I'm leaning towards not starting on the D-line, but being able to switch after the ball is snapped. Cuts down on the super swim animation. Not in stone yet.
Would hate this. Just keep player movement on the first 2 levels to the line shifts only and we should be fine. The video above shows that dumb nudge /stack player thing which would be 100% avoided if you can only move using the line-shifts. People insisting on lining up all weird can still user a safety ala Polamalu and get silly. Whatever.

I user DLine 90% of the time, and it's not for some exploit. Just like 4leaf said -- it's so I don't f_ck things up on assignments for the "skill" players, and I rarely if ever get sacks from my interior line.

Seems like when I control a LB I always choose weak side (to avoid a man assignment on a TE) and I always get smoked on a cut-back, and when I user the run-support safety I always whiff on a tackle and give up a 90-yard run. Hahahaha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
Rookie

Bs up hoes down's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn99
Would hate this. Just keep player movement on the first 2 levels to the line shifts only and we should be fine. The video above shows that dumb nudge /stack player thing which would be 100% avoided if you can only move using the line-shifts. People insisting on lining up all weird can still user a safety ala Polamalu and get silly. Whatever.

I user DLine 90% of the time, and it's not for some exploit. Just like 4leaf said -- it's so I don't f_ck things up on assignments for the "skill" players, and I rarely if ever get sacks from my interior line.

Seems like when I control a LB I always choose weak side (to avoid a man assignment on a TE) and I always get smoked on a cut-back, and when I user the run-support safety I always whiff on a tackle and give up a 90-yard run. Hahahaha.
I agree with this, I use my DT or ends most of the time, it's more challenging to try and get in there with DL. I barely get sacks so I'm not using any exploits. And if I am a Safety or LB I usually miss using the hitstick.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

couple of questions:
1. would you use the de/dt if the rule was made to where you couldnt switch at all during the play???
and
2. how would the league feel about such a rule because it is kind of cheap to switch 4 or 5 times during one play, really takes away your players ratings as you make them gods while under your control, and with the way madden lets you commit pass interference it can be exploited,

neither of these are rules as of now, as this is just the admins reaching out to the league to see how the feeling would be about this.

Here's why: players use the dline to get pressure or free a rusher and then switch to a linebacker to cover the middle and then switch once the pass is thrown, this is not calling anyone out, just voicing concerns I have, and have heard thru the first seasons.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Bs up hoes down's Arena

Quote:
couple of questions:
1. would you use the de/dt if the rule was made to where you couldnt switch at all during the play???
and
2. how would the league feel about such a rule because it is kind of cheap to switch 4 or 5 times during one play, really takes away your players ratings as you make them gods while under your control, and with the way madden lets you commit pass interference it can be exploited,

neither of these are rules as of now, as this is just the admins reaching out to the league to see how the feeling would be about this.

Here's why: players use the dline to get pressure or free a rusher and then switch to a linebacker to cover the middle and then switch once the pass is thrown, this is not calling anyone out, just voicing concerns I have, and have heard thru the first seasons.

I have seen this done on me a few times- where the person is a DL the switches to LB and then a Safety or CB...
When I'm my DL I stay on the guy until the ball is in the air and I try making a play on the ball, most of the time I F it up and a big play happens.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs up hoes down
I have seen this done on me a few times- where the person is a DL the switches to LB and then a Safety or CB...
When I'm my DL I stay on the guy until the ball is in the air and I try making a play on the ball, most of the time I F it up and a big play happens.

yeah but what if you couldnt switch when the pass was thrown would you still start out on the dline???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Bs up hoes down's Arena

Quote:
yeah but what if you couldnt switch when the pass was thrown would you still start out on the dline???
I'm pretty sure I would still use the DL, got a few rookies that I want to get better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »