Home

Dirty Birds ; Welcome to D-Block

This is a discussion on Dirty Birds ; Welcome to D-Block within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #49
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Lol, I never said you ran a cheesy offense or defense. Your interpretation of my game recap seems a bit skewed. If I take something away, of course it's up to you to make adjustments which you did. The late picks especially when I went to Tony G, my receiver seemed to be stuck on the defender and I attempted to throw him open and the defender bumped him and then caught a pick, that's what I am saying about being impeded. He never got to finish his route. True indeed if you would've scored late, you could've won, but if I would've thrown to Jones in the 2nd half, none of this would've been in question. The Saints DBs had no answer for him. It was still a good game though.

Sent from my D-Block "Best in the World" Edition BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #50
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

Re: Dirty Birds ; Welcome to D-Block

Roddy White Bakes Panthers ; Falcons win in Carolina

Alot of people have been wondering over this late stretch of games, "Where has Roddy been?". The last 3 games for Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have been magical as he's recorded over 600 yards and 6 scores in the last 3 games. Offensive Guru Kobe Bryant explained that the objective was to exploit the mismatches in the secondary and be great in the process. The Panthers' game plan was to shut down Julio and stop Michael Turner from running the football well. Turner touched the football 32 times this evening, but he didn't get the 100 yards he coveted, or a score in fact. "Carolina was very stingy with their run defense. Some of the best I've seen this year." With Julio being watched by multiple receivers, Turner not churning out the yards and Harry dropping passes, Ryan went to an old favorite, number 84. Roddy responded with his biggest game of the season, recording 10 receptions for 212 yards and 3 TDs.

"We knew we had to make plays because they're so fundamentally sound in the run game" said White who had his way with the Panthers DB corp this evening. Julio chipped in with 88 yards and in all Ryan threw for over 360 yards and 3 scores, all the while completing 70% of his passes. Kobe Bryant reminded defensive coach Mike Nolan to keep his defense.. offensive. D-Block harassed Cam all day pressuring him throw after throw and didn't give away a big play until under 2 minutes left in the game. Newton was tackled in the backfield 3 times and threw many passes that should have been picked off. All in all though, the Falcons scored points on offense and didn't allow much on defense and that was the key in winning the game. The Falcons have more than likely just wrapped up their division but their schedule gets tough down the road if they're looking for a bye... the Giants, Lions and Buccs are looming and in order for Atlanta to get a bye, they may very well need
to win out.

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 10-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #51
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

Falcons fall into Playoffs ; Win 1 of last 3 Games

This hasn't been looking like the team who was 9-4 and looking for a potential first round bye. The Falcons chose the difficult route and here's why : Atlanta hosted the Giants and the Giants played spoiler in overtime on a play-action corner route to Hakeem Nicks in double coveraged that surprisingly suceeded and Nicks ran down the sideline for the winning score in OT. The next week, Atlanta went to Ford Field and accrued the "Tiki Barber" syndrome. Despite all of that, Ryan led his team down the field in the clutch like he has so many times before and then Roddy White inexplicably got tackled on the 1. The drive stalled out similar to the Cowboy's game.

Atlanta then hosted Tampa and wanted to go into the playoffs w/ a little momentum. Ryan was efficient again as he completed about 90% of his passes in 3 quarters before the offense was reined in. Turner carried the football about 30 more times for a little over 100 yards and a score. Julio and Roddy both did damage until coach Truth told them all to sit down and get ready for next week. The scary part of the night appeared when after a missed tackle, John Abraham laid down on the floor in obvious pain. It turned out that he had cramps, but Atlanta then pulled out their defensive starters. Atlanta will have atleast one home game this offseason against a wildcard holder. Matt Ryan wanted to stay in the game to essentially wrap up a potential MVP award but management was more worried with his health and keeping him fresh for this upcoming playoff run.

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 11-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #52
Rookie

Ashton313Kusher's Arena

OVR: 6

If you can just get past your 2 "sons"....you shall be the Champion...is greatness your destiny?
SEASON 2: (12-4 AFC South Champs)

Old 11-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #53
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

Lol, never before in the history of the SFL has a man and his two sons made the Final 3 in the playoffs. My youngest son, Ultimate Gohan-te (pronounced "tay") is shining. My older son, Stepfan has been stuntin' like his daddy (see reference to the song of the same name.) Regardless, the family wins.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #54
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

Falcons Recap :

Falcons Barely Survive Skins in Classic

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/common...266/699165.jpg

Atlanta hosted Washington in the Divisional Round for the second time this year. This game, IMO, was the greatest game of the season (my opinions are not skewed). Two owners going to war within the realm of a strategic chess match. There were mismatches exploited. Counters and counters to counters, almost something similar to a wrestling match. There were opportunistic turnovers. Running of the football (although it got no one anywhere. It kept the defense honest). There were breakdowns in protections and coverages. Smart football was exhibited for four quarters and when those quarters were done, the game was tied so a 5th quarter was needed! After exchanging possessions on numerous occasions, Michael Turner broke tackles on a 42-yard run to send the Falcons to the division round.
Falcons 40, Redskins 34 (Game of the Year)

Falcons Win defensive struggle against 49ers

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...11_500x300.jpg

After holding serve against Washington, the Falcons had to go to California in order to go to war w/ the #1 seed San Francisco. This game had about 6 plays on offense and the rest of the game was defense. SF tried to establish the run, it got stopped. Atlanta tried the same, to no avail. SF tried to hit Crabtree on some passes but Stanford Routt made sure it didn't happen. Matt tried to connect to Roddy and Julio, that was a waste of time. The x-factor was Harry Douglas who showed up big in the WASH game, went to work in San Fran before he got destroyed and his season got ended prematurely. Turnovers from the Falcons put the 9ers on the board after being up 10-0. San Fran eventually stopped scoring and Ryan hit Roddy w/ a clutch strike for 46 yards. The Falcons ended up scoring 10 more points and then racking up some QB tackles to advance to the Conference Title Game.

Falcons 20, 49ers 10.

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 11-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #55
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

Falcons Offense Sputters in lost to Giants

The Dirty Birds, after their win against San Francisco, went up to New Jersey in order to battle the Giants, with the winner going to the Super Bowl. The Giants played alot better than what Atlanta had expected but still were prepared for it. Nicks was accounted for, the running game of NY was accounted for. The checkdowns were accounted for. Atlanta forced a few three and outs. Atlanta drove down the field and got a FG to take a 3-0 lead. After stopping Manning and co. again, Matt hit Roddy White in stride for a 72-yard TD that put the Falcons up 10-0. Then the Giants owner (my oldest son in the SFL) prayed up to a higher power. What ensued was Michael Turner fumbling, Atlanta fumbled a kickoff return when the football-carrier wasn't even tackled (Go figure) and the offense began to sputter. The Giants took the lead right before halftime and never looked back. Atlanta noticed that the DBs of the Giants began to play lights out and the pass rush picked up, so Ryan looked for mismatches with Tony G (which there were), Tony responded by dropping 7 of his next 9 passes. The majority of them being critical. Atlanta managed to get the game within 4 points. But after a quick out route to Nicks, the Giants kicked a FG and left :14 seconds on the clock. Matt Ryan threw 3 bombs, the last one being as time expired where the G-Men tipped the pass behind them into the arms of Julio Jones with no one to stop him and he dropped it... on the 7. Season over, lol.

Last edited by TheTruth1566; 11-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566
Then the Giants owner prayed up to a higher power.
I lol'd because this literally happened. #ThankYouMaddenGods

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »